12 Easy Meals You Can Make on a Cookie Sheet
Move over, one-pot pasta, ’cause there’s a new streamlined cooking approach making the rounds: sheet pan meals. Requiring hardly any time to prepare or bake, this collection of 12 recipes is perfect for time-strapped folks. They not only help you get food on the table fast, but also make cleanup easy since the main course and sides are cooked together on a single pan. We also love that this method lets us pop food in the oven and practically forget about it until the timer goes off, leaving time for other chores or a few minutes of relaxation. What’s not to love about all that?!
1. Pulled Pork Cookie Sheet Nachos: Warming nachos in the microwave can’t even hold a candle to these evenly heated, fully loaded, meaty and cheesy chips. (via A Happy Food Dance)
2. Homemade Pizza, Grandma Pie-Style: Move over, thin-crust pizza! These pan-style pies are making a big comeback. Take your pick of toppings from classic cheese to spicy salami or whip up your own custom creation. (via Bon Appétit)
3. Roasted Shrimp Polenta With Halloumi or Pancetta Crisps: Using slices of pre-cooked polenta makes this bright and sunny seafood supper a snap to prepare. (via The Pig and Quill)
5. Hearty Ratatouille With Goat Cheese: This thoughtfully assembled meal is almost too pretty to eat, but once you get a whiff of the herbed veggies and tangy goat cheese, it’s almost impossible to resist digging in. (via Everyday Health)
8. Easy Oven Fajitas: Skip the sizzling skillet and try this easy oven fajita recipe on for size. The slight char achieved through roasting has restaurant-quality written all over it. Once ready, just stuff the seasoned meat and veggies into lettuce wraps for a low-carb alternative to traditional tortillas. (via Budget Bytes)
9. Sheet Pan Turkey Dinner: Enjoy a Thanksgiving-inspired feast all year long with this streamlined approach that combines stuffing, veggies and the star of the show (aka the turkey) on one sheet pan. It’s also a great solution for smaller holiday celebrations. (via Simple Bites)
11. Roasted Fall Vegetable and Italian Sausage: Brussels sprouts plus sausage (or bacon) is always a winning equation. This meal delivers big flavors in a budget-friendly way. (via Foodie With Family)
12. Swiss Chard, Mushroom and White Cheddar Quiche: Reach for this recipe the next time you’re charged with making brunch for a crowd. The pastry can be prepped and veggies sautéed the night before for an even more hassle-free morning. (via Martha Stewart)
Which of these picks gets your vote? Share your faves and any of your sheet pan meal creations with us in the comments.