From the red carpet to the streets of NYC, celebrities never fail to amaze us with their interpretations of all the latest fashion trends. In the midst of all the swooning that we do (#guilty), we’re also able to glean quite a few style cues from our fashion icons of choice. Sure, some of the wardrobe choices that celebs make may be too daring for our liking, but we’re always down for the occasional sartorial risk. Scroll on for 12 celebrity-approved ways to pull off any summatime look with major gusto.
1. Piazza Zip Pouch ($79): The next time you’re stuck in a style rut, simply ask yourself: “WWOD — What Would Olivia Do?” On this particular occasion, OP went bold by putting her initials front and center, via an oversized pink clutch. If you too want to test-drive this simple yet chic accessory, we’ve uncovered the perfect cobalt blue pouch that can be customized with your winning initials. (Photo via Noam Galai/Getty)
2. Off-Shoulder Layered Midi Dress in Lollipop Print ($59): Not only have fashion editors deemed off-the-shoulder styles “in” this season, but Mindy Kaling also shows her approval. For a dash of whimsy, meet the shoulder-baring popsicle-print dress of your dreams. (Photo via Jamie McCarthyGetty)
3. PROTO Pointed Heels ($100): As it turns out, Amy Poehler’s not the only one turning heads in neon heels. During an outing in NYC, Blake Lively made a major statement by pairing her tropical-printed dress with neon Louboutin pumps. For a fraction of the price, these electric yellow patent pumps by Steve Madden will add instant pop to any look. (Photo via Raymond Hall/Getty)
4. Clean Colorblock Backpack ($54): The moment we saw Lauren Conrad toting a stylish backpack, we *knew* that we would be following suit. Fast-forward to now, and mini packs have officially become the epitome of cool. Start twinning with your BFF by investing in this black backpack that is equal parts versatile + chic. (Photo via @laurenconrad)
5. Juniper Ear Cuff Set ($34): These days, it’s totally the norm to rock an entire earlobe’s worth of studs. For a fierce red carpet look, actress Bella Thorne sported not one, not two (or three), but four studs in her left ear. For an upcoming summer soiree, dress up your evening attire with these dazzling crystal clip-ons from BaubleBar — no piercings required. (Photo via Jason Kempin/Getty)
6. Kurt Cat-Eye Sunglasses ($16): As you find yourself soaking up ALL the rays during the remaining summer weekends, pull a Freida Pinto and don the coolest cat-eye sunnies on the block. Whether you’re enjoying an outdoor event (Veuve Clicquot Polo Classic FTW!) or are lounging at the beach, a pair of retro shades is def in order. (Photo via Dimitrios Kambouris/Getty)
7. Cat Pool Slide ($90): Eva Chen, queen of the backseat #ootd (aka #evachenpose), knows a thing or two about shoes. On this particular occasion, she ditched the heels for a chic, embellished pair of slides. We’re more than happy to oblige on this one. Comfy + casual = a #winning pair in our book. (Photo via @evachen212)
8. Tattly Floral Set ($15): While we won’t be hitting up the Met Costume Gala anytime soon, we can think of a few instances when having a tat could come in handy. (Read: music festivals + beach-cations galore.) Until you’re ready to get inked for real, fake it with a few well-placed floral tats from Tattly. (Photo via John Lamparski/Getty)
9. Mini Railroad Spike Cuff Bracelet ($75): While her big sis, Kendall, may be dominating the catwalk, Kylie is quite the trendsetter herself. Case in point: K is currently all about the stacked look. Proving that more = more, she forgoes a statement necklace in favor of a stack of mixed metals. Start small with this minimalist gold cuff that can be worn alone or paired with your go-to arm party. (Photo via Jason Merritt/Getty)
10. Crystal Stretch Headband ($28): Lupita seriously can do no wrong. We can’t get over how ah-mah-zing she looks in her diamond headband for a red carpet event. Get the look by accessorizing your next updo or beach waves with this ultra-sparkly headband. Now everyone can be princess for the day. (Photo via Clemens Bilan/Getty)
11. Heart of Gold Body Chain ($28): Laverne Cox has been killing it in the style department as of late. To complement a plunging neckline, go the extra mile by accessorizing with a daring body chain. Any takers? (Photo via Frederick M. Brown/Getty)
12. Perforated Faux Leather Bomber Jacket ($33): Nope, you don’t have to go on a world tour to rock sequins like T-Swift. Whether you’re in search of a too-cool-for-school look or sporty-chic is your jam, a bomber jacket is exactly what your summer wardrobe needs for those chilly nights. Take note: Varsity stripes will also be a major DO come this fall. (Photo via Dave Hogan/Getty)
Which celebrity’s style are you yearning to replicate this summer? Tell us in the comments below!