It’s a Date! 20 Date Recipes to Try Now
Dates are a very versatile fruit that is (sadly) often overlooked in favor of its more popular friends. Luckily, here at Brit HQ, we make sure to leave no fruits behind in our roundups of delicious and delectable recipes. Dates can be incorporated into your snack or mealtime in so many scrumptious ways. They can be eaten plain, stuffed or chopped up. No matter how you prefer your dates, these 20 delish recipes should inspire plenty of tasty eating.
8. Bacon Wrapped Dates: Our girl LC knows how to bring the party (appetizers). Wrap pitted dates in bacon and cook until crispy for a restaurant-worthy app that’s sure to please crowds everywhere. (via Lauren Conrad)
10. Stuffed + Baked Apples: These sweet but healthy delights are stuffed with nuts and dates for a truly wonderful snack. How about them apples? (via Family Fresh Cooking)
11. Salted Caramel Overnight Oats: This sweet and salty breakfast combo includes ice cream made with bananas and medjool dates. Looks like you can have ice cream for breakfast after all. (via Honey and Figs)
16. Chocolate-Hazelnut-Cranberry Wreath: This pretty pastry is filled with cocoa date filling. Not only are you getting your fruit for the day, but also your share of chocolate-y goodness. This one would also make a great housewarming or hostess gift! (via Elemental Custard)
17. Tahini Date Salted Caramels: Combine barhi dates, tahini and coconut oil for a chewy caramel-like treat. Though these don’t taste like traditional caramels, we think they’re just as good. (via The Kitchn)
18. Date Sweetened Horchata: This is a health nut’s dream! Enjoy your horchata without all the sugar. Instead, sweeten with dates and get sipping on this refreshing summer drink. (via Minimalist Baker)
20. Cookie Dough Bars: What could be better than a snack that tastes like dessert but packs in the protein? These healthy bars are great for an energy boost after a long day at the office (or the gym!). (via Untrained Housewife)
How do you eat your dates? Tell us in the comments below!