8 DIY Kits for Making Your Favorite Boozy Beverages (Great Gift Idea!)
It’s holiday shopping, hosting, and party time, and what’s really better than bringing your host a bottle of booze? Bringing them a bottle of booze and a kit that lets them make their own! From whiskey to hard cider with a totally strange turn-juice-into-booze kit in between, these 8 kits are great gift ideas for folks who love to drink.
1. Age Your Own Whiskey Kit ($150): Crafted by the folks at Woodinville Whiskey Co., this kit lets you age your very own whiskey to perfection. The kit includes 110 proof White Dog un-aged whiskey, a 2 liter aging barrel, pouring funnel, tasting glasses, and instructions. Patience not included ;)
2. West Coast IPA Beer Brewing Kit ($45): This would make a great gift for someone living on the East Coast who loves the intense hop profile of a West Coast IPA.
3. Cider Making Kit ($140): Love yourself some hard cider? Made in New Zealand, this cider-making kit includes everything you need to treat your friends to a sweet new brew.
4. Molecular Mixology Cocktail Kit ($85): Like getting weird with flavor-filled clouds of foam, “caviar” bubbles, and other strange textures? Then this kit is for kit.
7. DIY Juice-to-Hooch Kit ($21): Ready for some alcoholic alchemy? This magical system can turn juice into an alcoholic beverage in just 48 hours. Simply combine the magical fairy dust (aka the powder that comes in packets) with your juice, pop in the plug, and wait.
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)