8 DIY Kits for Making Your Favorite Boozy Beverages (Great Gift Idea!)
It’s holiday shopping, hosting, and party time, and what’s really better than bringing your host a bottle of booze? Bringing them a bottle of booze and a kit that lets them make their own! From whiskey to hard cider with a totally strange turn-juice-into-booze kit in between, these 8 kits are great gift ideas for folks who love to drink.
1. Age Your Own Whiskey Kit ($150): Crafted by the folks at Woodinville Whiskey Co., this kit lets you age your very own whiskey to perfection. The kit includes 110 proof White Dog un-aged whiskey, a 2 liter aging barrel, pouring funnel, tasting glasses, and instructions. Patience not included ;)
2. West Coast IPA Beer Brewing Kit ($45): This would make a great gift for someone living on the East Coast who loves the intense hop profile of a West Coast IPA.
3. Cider Making Kit ($140): Love yourself some hard cider? Made in New Zealand, this cider-making kit includes everything you need to treat your friends to a sweet new brew.
4. Molecular Mixology Cocktail Kit ($85): Like getting weird with flavor-filled clouds of foam, “caviar” bubbles, and other strange textures? Then this kit is for kit.
5. Texas Chipotle Amber Beer Brewing Kit ($45): Wait, what now? Chipotle peppers in beer?! This sounds too awesome to be true. Each kit yields about one gallon of beer, or ten 12 bottles.
6. HomeMade Gin Kit ($50): Who says you need a bathtub to get your gin on? This kit includes spices, botanicals, flowers, and a tin full of juniper berries to flavor and create your gin. Plus you can store it in the two included glass swing-top bottles. Win! If you want to make a Christmas variety, spring for the Christmas Blend Spice Refill ($10).
7. DIY Juice-to-Hooch Kit ($21): Ready for some alcoholic alchemy? This magical system can turn juice into an alcoholic beverage in just 48 hours. Simply combine the magical fairy dust (aka the powder that comes in packets) with your juice, pop in the plug, and wait.
8. Vermont Maple Porter Beer Brewing Kit ($48): This wintery mix will teach you to make your very own dark Vermont porter. Featuring notes of chocolate, caramel, coffee, and vanilla, this robust beer is perfect for winter.
What other types of DIY kits would make good holiday gifts? What’s on your wish list this year? Talk to us in the comments below.