8 DIY Kits for Making Your Favorite Boozy Beverages (Great Gift Idea!)
It’s holiday shopping, hosting, and party time, and what’s really better than bringing your host a bottle of booze? Bringing them a bottle of booze and a kit that lets them make their own! From whiskey to hard cider with a totally strange turn-juice-into-booze kit in between, these 8 kits are great gift ideas for folks who love to drink.
1. Age Your Own Whiskey Kit ($150): Crafted by the folks at Woodinville Whiskey Co., this kit lets you age your very own whiskey to perfection. The kit includes 110 proof White Dog un-aged whiskey, a 2 liter aging barrel, pouring funnel, tasting glasses, and instructions. Patience not included ;)
2. West Coast IPA Beer Brewing Kit ($45): This would make a great gift for someone living on the East Coast who loves the intense hop profile of a West Coast IPA.
3. Cider Making Kit ($140): Love yourself some hard cider? Made in New Zealand, this cider-making kit includes everything you need to treat your friends to a sweet new brew.
4. Molecular Mixology Cocktail Kit ($85): Like getting weird with flavor-filled clouds of foam, “caviar” bubbles, and other strange textures? Then this kit is for kit.
in beer?! This sounds too awesome to be true. Each kit yields about one gallon of beer, or ten 12 bottles.
7. DIY Juice-to-Hooch Kit ($21): Ready for some alcoholic alchemy? This magical system can turn juice into an alcoholic beverage in just 48 hours. Simply combine the magical fairy dust (aka the powder that comes in packets) with your juice, pop in the plug, and wait.
($48): This wintery mix will teach you to make your very own dark Vermont porter. Featuring notes of chocolate, caramel, coffee, and vanilla, this robust beer is perfect for winter.