Makers gonna make, make, make, make, make, and that’s exactly who these nine DIY books are made for. From new home decor ideas to learning to knit, there’s something that will get the creativity flowing for everyone. Read on and get ready to fill the world with your beautiful work.
1. Sage Living by Anne Sage ($30): Don’t just decorate — decorate for the life you want. This book operates on the idea that the first step to making our goals happen is acting as if they already have, which includes the decor of your abode.
2. Secret Garden Coloring Book by Johanna Basford ($23): This isn’t your average coloring book: Each illustration was designed to be framed afterward. So color on and glam up your space or gift frame-worthy works of art that you created with your very own two hands.
3. Tiny World Terrariums by Michelle Inciarrano and Katy Maslow ($20): If you’ve ever wanted to start a terrarium, but felt a little daunted by the idea of pulling it off successfully, your prayers have been answered. This lovely little book breaks it down with easy-to-follow steps that will have you surrounded by nature indoors in no time at all.
4. Wise Cocktails by Jennie Ripps and Maria Littlefield ($20): A tea-blend concentrate that was crafted to pair flawlessly with a wide range of spirits is the star of this book. Make your own delicious tea-based cocktails and up your antioxidant count during happy hour.
5. Color Me Swoon by Mel Elliot ($15): Bring your fave celebrity crushes to life with this DIY coloring book featuring hotties like Channing Tatum and Joseph Gordon-Levitt.
6. Guac Off by Nathan Myers ($15): If you’ve gotten bored of regular ol’ guac, this book will teach you how to take it to the next level and become the “guacamole champion of the world.” That’s a coveted title if there ever was one.
7. Knitting by Design by Emma Robertson ($25): Winter is here, and that means one thing: scarves! Make your own and craft it any way you’d like with this pretty little book as your guide.
8. Kombucha! by Eric and Jessica Childs ($20): Everything you’ve ever wanted to know about kombucha (including how to make your own) is covered in this book. Bring on the probiotics!
9. Print Workshop by Christine Schmidt ($20): Decorate your life and the lives of those around you with this guide to printmaking. Making prints from the comfort of your home has never been easier.
What creative projects are on your mind for 2016? Share with us on Twitter!