No offense, laptop cases, but you have a tendency to be… well, how do we put this… kinda boring. We want you to be secure enough to keep our laptops safe, but do you have to be so plain and blah? Instead of settling for that black nylon case, check out these pretty DIY cases that can be made in an hour or less. Whether you want a sleek leather look or a warm fuzzy case made out of a sweater, we’ve got a case to match your personality!
2. Floral Zip: We love the contrasting patterns and the extra long zipper, which makes it super easy to grab your laptop. The extra padding ensures nothing sad will happen to your tech while you’re carrying it around town. (via The Late Afternoon)
6. Leather Case: If you want the luxe look of a leather laptop case without the crazy price, check out this DIY. We made this case for $12, and it only requires basic sewing skills to make it a reality. Make it out of vinyl for a vegan option! (via Brit + Co)
10. Wool Laptop Sleeve: If you want a case slim enough to throw in your purse or backpack, then you’ll like this sleek wool sleeve that has just the right amount of protection without taking up too much room. (via Say Yes)
11. Felted Sleeve: These laptop sleeves can be sewn in under an hour and are easy enough for the beginner seamstress. They are minimalist and simple enough to be a gift idea for the tech loving guy in your life. (via The Felted Fox)
12. Canvas Button Up Sleeve: This padded canvas laptop sleeve provides stylish protection for your laptop. It is easy to put together, but you could dress it up with little extras, like contrast stitching and buttons for a splash of color or a pocket for keeping your cables wrapped! (via The Crafty Kitty)
13. Leather Laptop Case: This little project is one piece of leather bound together by simple brass rivets. In less than an hour, you could be taking it with you to the coffee shop. (via Oh Happy Day)
16. Glam Leather Laptop Case: Forget “geek chic,” this 10-minute DIY is just regular type chic. And did we mention it can be whipped up in 10 minutes? That = a lot of extra time for your other projects ;) (via Brit + Co)
What case is your favorite? Would you make one out of a sleek leather or a funky sweater? Talk to us in the comments below!