So you’ve gotten your vacation inspiration, chosen your destination, downloaded all the appropriate travel apps and even bought new luggage. Looks like you’re all set for your vacay, minus one very important piece: a luggage tag. Use a fun, bright tag to help your bag stand out in baggage claim and lead you back to your suitcase should it ever get lost. And while there are plenty of tags out there to buy, we always prefer the DIY route. So we’ve rounded up a few of our favorites to get you inspired. Bon voyage!
1. Vintage: Looking for a tag that stands out and is easy to spot? This tag does just that and lets you make use of an extra scrap paper at the same time. (via Maggie Holmes Design)
2. Leather + Pom Pom: This tag packs the leather punch we love with an added bonus: pom poms. (via Sugar & Cloth)
3. Polka Dot: This DIY comes together in a snap because it’s a simple upgrade to the basic, boring tag you’ve probably already got laying around the house. And how cute are those polka dots? (via Lovely Indeed)
4. Leather + Travel Quote: You won’t find a more timeless look than a classic leather tag. Personalize it with an inspirational quote that will travel with you. (via Eclectic Trends)
5. Scrapbook: Use those extra scrapbook goodies to DIY yourself a unique and oh-so-colorful tag. (via Tater Tots and Jello)
6. Monogrammed: It’s no secret we’re big fans of all things monogrammed, and this tag ensures your bag stands out from the rest. (via Ginger Snap Crafts)
7. Colorful Leather: Follow these step-by-step instructions to create a one-of-a-kind leather tag that looks store bought. (via Home Depot)
8. Watercolor: This free printable gives you just what you need to make a stellar watercolor luggage tag that’s totally on trend. (via Design*Sponge)
9. Geometric: The geometric trend is huge right now, so there’s no better time to hop on board and purchase this DIY leather tag kit to show your luggage some geo love. (via Maker Crate)
10. Fabric: Looking for a way to use up that scrap fabric? Create these fab luggage tags for all those future vacations. Resourcefulness FTW! (via Twirling Betty)
11. World Traveler: A really sweet suitcase calls for a stand-out tag. Outfit your luggage with this vintage pick and you’ll be itching for your next stylish vacay. (via One Charming Party)
How do you identify your luggage? We’d love to hear about your favorite travel DIYs below!