Take Note With This Stylish DIY Marbled Notebook
Inspiration can hit at any time, so it’s important to have somewhere to jot down those lightbulb moments in a flash. Even though our phones are within reach at all times, there’s something special about using pen and paper to keep our thoughts safe and secure. And seeing as we’ve been loving all things marbled, from jewelry to jewelry trays and even clocks, we thought we’d give the humble but mighty notebook a rock-hard upgrade as well.
— marbled contact paper
1. Begin by measuring the contact paper around the notebook. Lay it over the paper with about an inch to spare along the edge, leaving a small section of the top of the notebook uncovered.
2. Cut along the contact paper about an inch underneath the bottom edge of the notebook to the spine. Turn the notebook over, keeping the spine in place to measure the whole length. Continue to cut around the edges of the notebook, leaving an inch excess.
3. Once you've cut out your contact paper, peel back the edge of the paper and lay your notebook over the top, leaving an inch at one edge of the book. The other end should have contact paper coming out under the edge of the notebook.
4. Fold the sticky edge of the paper onto the inside of the notebook cover and press into place.
5. Turn the book over. While slowly peeling off the backing from the contact paper, use a ruler to press out any air bubbles. When you get to the spine, close the notebook and press the marbled paper down with your fingers.
6. Cut the excess paper from the corner of the notebook and the spine, and fold up onto the inside of the notebook.
7. Continue to press the paper around the book to the inside of the cover. Trim the excess at the spine and fold up into it.
Now your notebook is covered and you can start filling it up! Take it to your classes to have a unique notebook that everyone wants.
We never leave home without a notebook to jot down our plans and ideas when we’re on the go, so it’s important that it looks good and becomes an extension of whatever if is we’re wearing.
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)