30 Eye-Catching Wall Murals to Buy or DIY
A colorful statement wall is one of the quickest and cheapest ways to completely change the look of a room without having to overhaul your home decor. Depending on how ambitious you’re feeling, you can paint your own mural or purchase an incredible full wall design. Some sites even let you upload an image of your space, so you can see exactly what a mural will look like there — pretty cool! Scroll below to check out these 30 incredible wall makeovers for some gorgeous and bold inspiration.
1. Melanie Mikecz Faceted Wall Decal ($129): Add some colorful bling to your room with this giant gem. These removable wall decals are fabric based and can be reused many times without leaving residue or damaging marks on your walls.
2. Brewster Wilderness Coloring Wall Mural ($95): Remember those paint-by-numbers projects we did as kids? Well, increase that project by 500% and you have an incredible wall mural or headboard canvas on your hands.
3. Pixers Watercolor Mural ($61): This lovely murals looks like the wash of a painter’s brush and a unique take on the ombre trend. We’re obsessed.
4. Pottery Barn Dot Wall Decals ($49): All it takes is a couple stick-on applications of these dot decals for one v. cheery wall.
5. Pink Water Geometrical Wall Mural ($300): This geometric mural can cover a full wall. Simply apply the panels and you’re in for one BIG statement.
6. KennaSatoDesigns Honeycomb Wall Decals ($30): Ready for an incredible weekend project? This honeycomb wall takes some creativity, but the end result is jaw-dropping. Just think of all the pattern arrangements you could try.
7. Ivy Bronx Wall Mounted Bulletin Board ($55): Add a giant cork board to any plain wall to create an area that’s an instant creative workspace. Bonus: It works well for paper organization too!
8. Anewall Watercolor Mural ($399): This self adhesive wallpaper is available in blue and green and allows for glue-free application and easy removal or repositioning.
9. Wallpapered Custom Map Mural ($65+): These maps are completely customizable to display the city plan of whichever area you love most.
10. Photowall Cold Song Customized Photo Wall ($44+): Photowall carries incredible murals that combine brilliant colors with captivating patterns and complex designs. We want them ALL.
11. Handwriting Statement Wall: Grab a ruler and start writing for this beautifully intimate statement wall. With a loving message and soft colors, we totally see this working in a nursery or kid’s room. (via A Beautiful Mess)
12. Ideal Décor 3D Effect Wall Mural Decal ($170): Hang this 3D mural in your workspace to be inspired by the idea of unlimited creative possibilities.
13. Bree Madden For Deny The Bay Wood Mural ($99+): How soothing is the scene in this breezy, island mural?
14. Walplus Triangle Wall Decals Set ($80): Love eclectic decor but don’t know where to start? Get crafty with a simple, geo print scene that can be put up with an easy stick and peel job.
15. Cracked Designs: You know we can’t resist minimalist accenting, so we’re loving the basic designs in this communal space. (via Getty)
16. Anthropologie Melika Mural ($228): By hanging an abstract motif mural, this little space feels a lot bigger than it is.
17. CostaCover Green Chevron Removable Wallpaper ($36+): If stripes are too cliche for you, how about a giant, bright chevron wall?
18. Anthropologie Sunworn Tapestry ($168): Tapestry, anyone? This dip-dyed piece gives a fun look to a plain living room wall.
19. Walls Need Love Desert Cacti Wall Decal Set ($78): The intricate detailing of this cactus mural will make you feel like you’re living somewhere hot and sunny every day of the year.
20. floralCOLORAY Red Poppy Flowers Wallpaper ($34): If you’re serious about a statement wall, check out this bold and graphic watercolor flower mural.
21. Photowall Color Puddle Customized Wall ($50): If you’re tired of all things mechanical, a water-stained mural will give you a satisfying sense of organic movement.
22. WallumsWallDecals 3D Corner Space ($25): This simple graphic almost looks three-dimensional, like it’s coming off the wall right at you!
23. Pixers Audio Tape Mural ($61): Bring back the ’90s with a retro cassette tape mural in a classy, radiant orchid shade.
24. Mondrian Wall DIY: Pull out your ruler and create some modern, cubist art. (via Dream A Little Bigger)
25. Stencil Revolution Geometric Stencil Template ($30): Get creative with stenciling to make this awesome pattern that’ll jazz up your kitchen wall.
26. PBDorm Pineapple Wall Decals ($29): Here’s an adorable idea for a kid’s room or playroom. Just place the pineapples above any desk or headboard.
27. Chalkboard Wall: Having trouble deciding what you want to paint? Chalkboard paint to the rescue! You can doodle a new design for every change in your mood. (via Inspired By This)
28. Wall26 Sea Wall Landscapes ($100): This Grecian-inspired wallpaper is elegant, graphic, and very original. You could cover a whole wall with it, or use it as decorative panels.
29. MoharWall ‘Good Vibes Only’ Wall Decal ($19): No bad days here! Place this motivational quote over a blank wall where you typically buckle down and get things done!
30. Better Than Paint Floral Wall Paper ($40): Say it with flowers. You’ll love that your little one will drift off to sleep soundly surrounded by only the prettiest things.
What will you be featuring on your next statement wall? Let us know @BritandCo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.
Additional reporting by Kate Thorn
Back in January, we introduced you to a feel-good cause to inspire your New Year's resolution: a walking challenge to help raise funds for the amazing cancer fighters at The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. I took part in the challenge with the Brit + Co team and ended up walking 105+ miles in January — it was awesome.
This spring, there's a new challenge on the horizon, The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society's Big Climb. The ask: On May 15, 2021, you can step up to take cancer down by committing to climb 1,311 steps, walking 3.2 miles, or doing 440 chair step-ups at home as part of the Big Climb. If you need some motivation to bring movement back into your daily routine — look no further!
As always, it's free to sign up, but climbers are encouraged to set a fundraising goal to help beat cancer. We'll be organizing another Brit + Co team to step up, and I hope you'll join us too! Keep scrolling for a peek at where I'll be completing the challenge in my Los Angeles neighborhood around the hidden Silver Lake Stairs. Happy climbing!
Never underestimate the power of an accountability buddy! I asked my in-laws, my partner, and a few friends to join me so we can keep each other motivated and accountable in completing the challenge — virtual high-fives all around! Also, my dog Fox is a great climber, too.
An aesthetically pleasing backdrop is a huge motivator for me! I'm fortunate to have all sorts of painted steps around my neighborhood to keep the challenge interesting, but you can also keep cool inside with at-home chair step-ups.
Don't forget to share your progress on social — #BigClimb!
Feel free to break the challenge up if you need to by tackling half the distance in the AM and half at sunset. Here's me 1,311 steps later and ready for a break — but, think I earned this one!