If you want to deck the halls perfectly, there are a few things you’ll absolutely need. Other than putting up your Christmas tree, your whole home is going to need a good spruce in order to get it ready for the holidays, especially if you have relatives to impress. However, you don’t need to run around like your Christmas turkey to gather all your supplies to make your home a holiday wonderland. You can find everything you need on Amazon and have your decorations done with just a click of a button. Here are some gorgeous decoration ideas that will even make Santa jealous.
1. Tree Ornaments: If there’s one thing you absolutely cannot skimp on when it comes to your tree, it’s the ornaments. You can make your tree positively sparkle with some beautiful, simple ball ornaments ($17 for a 24 pack on Amazon) that come in any color you wish. Plus, you should always add some personality with custom ornaments. We recommend some adorable glass blown pineapple ornament ($13), tacos ($11), or even a Star Wars Yoda Christmas ornament ($8).
2. Tree Skirt: Your tree looks much more lush and festive with a pretty skirt around the bottom of its trunk. Plus, it’s a much nicer setup for all your presents. Your skirt can vary in all kinds of styles from traditional like this rustic burlap tree skirt ($15), or modern like this faux fur skirt ($40).
3. Garlands: Make your tree look even more lively with a gorgeous garland that fills out the gaps between the pines. While a sparkly tinsel ($8) is usually the traditional option for many people, you can also give your tree a natural, floral look with berry ($12) and thick pine garlands ($65) as well.
4. Lighting: Obviously, your Christmas decor is not complete without some lighting. For your tree, consider some twinkly LED string lights ($15) or cute and quirky kitty lights ($10) for a little personality. Around your home, LED candles ($31) provide subtle and safe mood lighting for carols and enjoying your decorations at night.
5. Tree Topper: Just like your tree, your tree topper can fit all kinds of styles. Depending on your motif, you can find a topper that’s kitschy, traditional, or just unique in its own way. Top off your tree with something natural like this Kurt Adler Gold Rattan Star Treetop ($30) or something that will add even more light to the room, like the Elf Logic Movarian Star ($30).
6. Stockings: Everyone loves a good stocking hung by the fireplace. Dress up your mantle, your staircase, or anywhere and set your “hearth” with patterned stockings, like this set of four burlap stockings with polka dots and chevron print ($10), pom-pom stockings like the Kurt Adler Red and Cream Knit Stockings ($16 for two) or non-traditional ones that might be adorned in sparkles, like a Deluxe Mermaid Tail Christmas Stocking ($25). Yes, that’s right. A mermaid stocking.
7. Towels and Linens: Holiday decor doesn’t end with the tree. Even the kitchen and dining room need a bit of holiday spirit — especially if your family will be spending a lot of time in there cooking and eating your holiday meals. Bring some cheer with Christmas-themed kitchen towels — check out these Holiday Ornament Kitchen Towels ($14 for three) — and add a pretty cloth, like this Christmas Tree Plaid Table Cloth ($24) to dress your dining room table.
8. Home Decor: Even your couch and bedding should get some holiday upgrades. Turn your bedroom into a wintry retreat with new duvets like this holiday Vaulia Microfiber Duvet Cover Set ($28) that brings some Scandinavian charm. Or dress up your couch with reindeer throw pillows; we love these CaliTime Ombre Holiday Stars Pillow Covers ($16) that come in all kinds of colors (even pink).
9. Wreaths: Let all your visitors know they’re welcome in your holiday home with a beautiful wreath. No matter what your aesthetic, you can find one that fits your style too. Choose any kind of wreath, from something floral and traditional, like a Red Berry Wreath from The Wreath Depot ($65), to something modern and sparkly, like this ornament wreath from Clever Creations ($20).
10. Odds and Ends: It’s the little touches that make your holiday home complete. The first step is to add bottle brush Christmas Tree scenes in all the nooks and crannies of your home. Grab this set of 24 bottle brushes for $10. Then, add a few odds and ends around the house, like this Kurt Adler R2D2 Nutcracker ($42), or even a Light-up Merry Christmas Vintage Metal Car With Lighted Bottle Brush Christmas Tree ($45), to an end table to make your home feel like it’s completely dressed in holiday cheer from roof to foundation.
Which pieces will be a part of your holiday decor this year? For more holiday home decor inspo, check us out on Pinterest!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.