The Lazy Girl’s Guide to Summer Dressing
Bust out the colorful sunnies and SPF — it's almost summer, people! Beach bummin', hammock chillin' and laid-back barbecues are all on the agenda, and seizing the day in style is non-negotiable. Sartorial standards aside, you need a wardrobe that can live up to your lazy girl style sensibilities (ain't nobody got time for fussy laces and mind-boggling straps) — and that means embracing one-and-done pieces and easy-breezy silhouettes that are all about kickin' back and keepin' it real. From toss-on-and-go summer t-shirts to dresses and slides, we have all your bases covered with this list of effortless style essentials that will keep your style on lock and your stress levels low all season long (they're that good).
1. Everlane Linen Picnic Jumpsuit ($88): This linen basic packs major wear-anywhere potential with its effortless silhouette, make it a shoo-in for seaside escapes and staycations exploring your favorite city spots.
2. Summersalt The Sidestroke ($95): Because a bikini is just one piece too many, go ahead and embrace the one-piece swimsuit trend this summer, starting with one-strap stunner (it comes in a slew of colors!). Slip it under high-waisted shorts or an easy-breezy maxi skirt for a beach-to-street look that will become your signature move all season long.
3. Mango Printed Cotton Dress ($80): Whether you're beach bummin' or sipping Bloody Marys on the veranda, this floral frock will do you right every time. Dress it up after a lazy day in the sand with embellished block heels, a messy topknot and dainty layered necklaces.
4. Able Mare Belt Bag ($125): You've been down with the idea of belt bags since the beginning — who doesn't love the convenience of a hands-free silhouette? That said, it's all about finding the right one, and this streamlined number is it. Whether you toss it over a boho maxi dress or a sleek tuxedo-inspired jumpsuit, it'll elevate any look with a quick snap and click.
15. Reformation Rimini Jumpsuit ($128): This no-effort romper has us dreaming of sipping rosé on the shores of the Côte d'Azur. The clean lines and bow detail feel perfectly put together (no need to lift a finger), and are practically begging to be paired with cat eye sunglasses and bright ankle-strap sandals.
5. Everlane The ReNew Sport Sandal ($68): Laces, clasps, bulky buckles — strappy sandals are just way too much effort for your lazy-girl ways… until now. Bold minimalist straps with a cushy rubber sole and requiring nothing more than a two-second slide-on maneuver deliver Insta-worthy style to any #OOTD. Mimic the no-frills aesthetic throughout the rest of your outfit with a sleek leather backpack and metallic cuff.
7. Levis 501 Original Women's Shorts ($50): Your summer uniform goes a little something like this: effortless tee, slip-on sandals, messy topknot and denim shorts, of course. This cut-off pair boasts built-in It-girl appeal, one-of-a-kind styling and, made with vintage Levi's, sustainability. #nailedit
6. Toccin Bias Skirt in Hibiscus Geotile ($250): Punching up your everyday attire doesn't have to involve curating the ultimate lineup of coordinating accessories (especially pre-coffee); this graphic bias skirt will certainly do the trick. Double up on prints and pair with bright lips for maximum impact, or tone down the look-at-me style with a vintage tee and motorcycle jacket for a look that reads off-the-clock cool.
8. Nation LTD Alicia Tee ($110): The perfect t-shirt: It's practically the holy grail of summer dressing, and the key to endless outfits that can be styled on the fly. While a plain white tee is classic, there's just something about this smocked take that feels fresh for the season. Embrace your inner French girl by styling this Parisian-chic top alongside a pleated midi skirt, white slip-on sneakers and crossbar sunglasses.
9. & Other Stories Flowy Puff Sleeve Midi Dress ($119): Fussy? So not your style. Effortless with a side of wow factor? Now we're talking. Proof that getting gussied up doesn't have to mean donning stuffy threads, this feminine frock can be styled stat with drop earrings and embellished slides for a haute look that delivers every time.
10. Clare V. Poche Bateau ($425): Let's just say your summer is shaping up to be a pretty photogenic affair, which means you're going to need those digits at the ready to snap photos of every moment. This leather beauty is selfie-friendly and will keep your everyday essentials looking fly until Labor Day and beyond. What's not to love?
11. & Other Stories Alpaca Blend V-Neck Cardigan ($69): Too lazy to accessorize? This cardi does it all for you. Consider it your new companion for beach bonfires and laid-back summer nights.
12. Everlane The Forever Slip-On Sneaker ($60): Laces? We'll pass. Slip into something a little more comfortable this season without compromising those haute standards with the help of these woven steppers. Team 'em with suiting separates for an athleisure edge or denim shortalls and a mock neck top for an off-duty look that feels anything but average.
13. H&M Shirt Dress ($35): No summer capsule wardrobe is complete without a throw-on-and-go shirt dress that doubles for work or play. When you're not wearing it for picnics in the park and Saturday morning flea markets, take it for a spin on the job with a metallic belt and peep-toe booties that add instant polish.
14. Etnia Barcelona Mission Lenses ($169 euro): Don't even think about leaving home without a pair of shades. Bright colors and statement-making design are cool and all, but they also require coordination — and what lazy girl has time for that? A good pair of classic sunnies (with a cool detail!) will always do you right, whether you're rockin' a free-wheelin' crochet dress or culottes and an architectural top.
16. Madewell Bright Side Tank Top ($35): You know your favorite tee — the one you just can't live without? We've found its warm-weather equivalent in this colorful tank. Toss it over your bathing suit while you're catching waves or wear it with white denim, rose gold steppers and a suede jacket for your next glamping adventure.
17. Amour Vert Skylar Reverie Terry Joggers ($98) Take your athleisure into summer in comfy terry joggers that can be worn any day of the week. Weekend beach attire included.
Follow us on Pinterest for more style inspo!
This article has been updated from a previous post.
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.
- 19 Must-Have Summer Accessories You Can Snag On Amazon ... ›
- 21 Cute Outfit Staples For Your Summer Travel - Brit + Co ›
- Cute Bike Gear You'll Actually Want to Wear - Brit + Co ›
- "In the Heights" Summer Fashion Inspiration - Brit + Co ›
- 5 Summer Date Night Outfits We Love ›
- Cute Pajama Sets - Brit + Co ›
- Clean Girl Aesthetic: What It Is & How To Get The Look - Brit + Co ›