When it comes to Mother’s Day, we’re totally on it with flowers, chocolates, frills and pink and watercolored stationary. But come Father’s Day, most of our minds suddenly draw a blank, and we wonder, “What do you get for the guy that has everything?” Gift cards seem impersonal and he already owns all his favorite movies. So now it’s time to get creative with that gift for the favorite man in your life. Take a look at these 16 dad-approved DIYs that go beyond the usual.
1. Color Block Games: There are only so many times that you can unfold a checkers board before it just falls apart. Find a nice wooden version of his favorite game and paint it something bright that will make it a unique piece to love forever. (via Brit + Co)
9. DIY Barbecue Rub: When he’s probably already got all the spices in his cabinet, how can you resist making this barbecue rub for your grill-loving dad? Especially when you get to reap the benefits. (via Delia Creates)
10. Pocket Square: Some dads go to black-tie events more than others. If your dad is a particularly dapper dresser, make him a couple fun patterned pocket squares that no one else will be sporting. (via Brit + Co)
11. Leather Tablet Case: If you own a tablet, you know how important it is to care for it properly. Make this simple leather case for your dad’s tablet to ensure it’s protected as he goes to and from the coffee shop. (via Brit + Co)
12. Copper Coffee Maker: Speaking of coffee, what dad doesn’t want coffee-shop-quality coffee in the comfort of his own home? He’ll love drinking his own brew with this classy coffee maker. (via Brit + Co)
14. Bow Tie: The best look on his face is when he receives just what he’s been looking for and hasn’t found yet. So pick out some fabric in his favorite color and make him a bow tie he’ll love. (via Brit + Co)
Do you have any DIY project ideas for Father’s Day? Share them with us below!