9 Flirty Scents Perfect for Every Summer Event
Once the weather heats up, it’ll be time to trade in your chunky sweaters and ankle boots for floral sundresses and strappy espadrilles. Warm weather also calls for a shift from your musky sandalwood and dark amber perfumes to zesty grapefruit and light rose aromas. Finding your new summertime scent may seem daunting (there are a lot of options out there), so we called in an expert to help us narrow down the fragrance field for you. Scentbird founder Mariya Nurislamova chatted with us about her favorite new summery scents and gave us the dish on how to make your fragrance last all day (even in the humidity)!
1. Lavanila Summer ($40): It’s basically sunscreen in a bottle, but in the best way. This scent is a heady mix of rich vanilla, ripe pineapple and creamy coconut that’s both summery and sultry — perfect for those hot July nights. Speaking of hot nights, Nurislamova suggests dabbing a dot of unscented body lotion onto each wrist, spritzing your perfume onto the lotion and then gently tapping it into your skin for extra scent staying power.
2. Comptoir Sud Pacifique Aqua Motu ($85): Nurislamova likens this luxe scent to a “tropical lagoon,” with its mix of lush floral notes and salty aquatic scents. If you like to spritz before heading down to the beach, she advises to spray your sun hat or caftan with the perfume rather than your skin, since getting in and out of the water will rinse it away.
3. Bvlgari Omni Paraiba ($35): Inspired by Brazil’s tropical, earthy scents like passion fruit and cocoa beans, Omni Paraiba is the definition of a “feel-good fragrance,” according to Nurislamova. She says, “Even if you’re still working in your cubicle all summer, you’ll still feel like you’ve been transported to the sandy beaches of South America.”
4. Tocca Stella ($68): Freesia is major for summer this year, and Stella is packed full of the fragrant flower. Not only is it a lovely scent that works perfectly for date night, but the pretty pink bottle looks just as sweet sitting on your shelf.
5. Roses de Chloe ($95): If you’re looking for a light, summery scent that’s still appropriate for the office, Roses is right for you. As Nurislamova says, “It’s perfect if you’re a strong business lady, but still want something super feminine.”
6. CLEAN Reserve Blonde Rose ($90): While rose may be in the description, Blonde Rose also packs in peony and jasmine scents with sandalwood and musk notes that transform into a sexy, evening summer fragrance.
7. Montale Soleil de Capri ($120): With top notes of grapefruit and lemon and undercurrents of white floral, this is “a refined version of the beloved Dolce & Gabbana Light Blue,” according to Nurislamova. She loves the way this one lingers on the skin, but is still super light.
8. NEST Citrine ($68): Juicy and effervescent, Citrine is sure to awaken your senses when you spritz it on in the morning. Lemon blossom mixes with lotus flower for something original and refreshing. It’s perfect for summer weddings, Sunday brunches and shopping trips alike.
9. Marc Jacobs Cucumber ($62): This fragrance is straightforward, crisp and easy to wear. Marc Jacobs Cucumber is fresh and bright, just like it’s namesake, with notes of bamboo and Lily of the Valley to give it depth and staying power. If you’re into layering your scents, which Nurislamova is a total fan of doing, Cucumber is an awesome base for mixing in any other fresh scents you may own.
What’s your favorite summer scent? Tweet us @BritandCo and let us know!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)