We — like most of the world — have been counting down until the premiere of Disney’s real-life Beauty and the Beast (and we have the appropriately themed lifestyle products to prove it). While some choose to get in the spirit by rewatching the animated movie we all loved as kids, others take a more culinary route. No, we’re not talking about Disney desserts — we’re talking about French cuisine that Mrs. Pots would’ve gone nuts over. French toast recipes aside, these 10 creations are *totally* putting us in the mood to sing “Be Our Guest” at the top of our lungs.
1. Easy Classic French Mussels: Moules frites (that is, mussels and fries) proliferates the food scene in Paris, and these creamy steamed French-style mussels are an easy take on the classic. Serve them with fries for the full effect. (via Lace & Grace)
2. Profiteroles: Profiteroles are essentially cream-filled balls of pastry… need we say more? These particular French yums are drizzled with a sweet chocolate sauce for good measure. (via Mon Petit Four)
3. Ratatouille: Though it may be the namesake of a certain other Disney movie, ratatouille is a French classic Belle would definitely eat. Try this recipe, which features peppers, onions, eggplant, tomatoes, zucchini, and olive oil. (via Bacon Is Magic)
4. Chicken Provençal: A classic French favorite, chicken Provençal has long been served in provincial towns all around France. Make this warm and herbaceous chicken recipe when you’re in need of a healthy and uber-flavorful dinner idea. (via Vikalinka)
5. Savory Crepes: You might think of sweet, chocolatey creations when you envision French crepes, but actually, savory varieties tend to be even more popular than sweet ones. Take, for example, these hearty crepes made with turkey, mushrooms, and Swiss cheese. (via Mama Harris’ Kitchen)
6. Beignets: Beignets are essentially the French term for fritter. The New Orleans tradition are deep fried balls of dough, often made from choux or yeast dough. Eat ’em while they’re hot! (via Dessert for Two)
7. Classic Crème Brûlée: Is there any dessert more classic than a romantic crème brûlée? We think not! Curl up with your boo and watch some old Disney movies while feasting on this traditional French dessert. (via Platings and Pairings)
8. Beef Bourguignon: Boasting the flavors of hearty beef, carrots, potatoes, and herbs, beef bourguignon may be the ultimate comfort food. But it’s still completely wholesome and healthy. So basically it’s a win-win. (via Vikalinka)
9. Flourless Dark Chocolate Soufflé: This classic soufflé is *amazingly* chocolatey and whippy, yet it’s made with dark chocolate, Earl Grey tea, and absolutely ZERO flour. So it’s kind of a health food — right? (via The Artful Desperado)
10. French Onion Soup: We thought we’d close with a French-inspired classic that’s been popularized all throughout the US. French onion soup might not be particularly fancy or exotic, but it sure is tasty. And this particular version is absolutely dripping with melted cheese. (via Gimme Some Oven)
Follow us on Pinterest for more Disney-inspired recipe ideas!