Summer is officially upon us, and while that means twice the daily dose of deodorant and weather so hot your ice cream melts before you eat it, it also means the outdoors are now ours for entertaining. Of all the different types of shindigs and soirees, we can’t think of a better way to celebrate this sunny season than with a color-packed garden party. We’re bringing you 23 ways to throw a seriously awesome garden party, so grab your friends for some finger food, refreshing cocktails, floral decor and get ready to savor the season.
3. Fruit Infused Water: Substitute soda for these refreshing fruit and herb-infused water recipes. All that’s required is some quick chopping, and a night in the fridge to let the water absorb some flavor. (via Eat Yourself Skinny)
4. Watering Can Planter: Tackle that whole effortlessly chic vibe by placing a pretty bouquet in a basic watering can. This centerpiece idea takes hardly any time to complete and will look right at home as a rustic, outdoor table decoration. (via Kara’s Party Ideas)
7. Vegetable Centerpiece: This idea really gives a new meaning to the whole farm-to-table movement. Buy a large metal planter from a garden-supply center, line the bottom with sprouts and pour in enough water in to keep them moist. Throw in some cleaned and prepped veggies and this just became your new favorite serving platter. (via Martha Stewart)
9. Potted Parfait Cupcakes: Psych out your guests by serving them some potted soil for dessert. When they figure out that the pot actually consists of a chocolate cupcake, crushed Oreos, chocolate pudding and fresh mint, they’ll totally forgive you. (via Best Friends for Frosting)
11. Pink Lemonade Swirl Bundt Cake: When we think of a summery celebration, we think of lemonade. Rather than serving it in its standard liquid state, mix things up a bit with this perfectly pink treat. (via Crazy for Crust)
13. Flower Straws: Paper straws are pretty. But paper straws with flowers attached to them are amazing. All you need is some pretty paper and scissors to make this colorful craft come to life. (via Craft and Creativity)
14. Terra Cotta Pot Cake Stand: For a simple cake stand that stays true to an outdoor theme, grab a terra cotta pot and base, paint them your fave colors, flip them upside down and serve! (via Tara Dennis)
15. Garden Party Printables: Maybe you love a DIY as much as the next gal, but we know you don’t have time to do it all yourself. Print out these free templates on cardstock for a few sweet garden-themed decorations. (via Ever Mine)
17. Updated Finger Sandwiches: Finger food is the way to go when throwing a summertime get-together. It’s easy to eat while socializing and it means less clean up for you! These unique finger sandwich recipes, such as carrot and cheddar, will give guests something to talk about long after the party’s over. (via Huffington Post)
18. Hanging Glass Vases: Tents are essential if Mother Nature decides to rain on your parade, but they can definitely add a clunky element to an otherwise perfectly curated garden party. Dress it up a little by attaching some flower-filled glass bottles to twine and tying them to the metal beams of the tent. (via Eat Drink Chic)
19. Painted Stone Place Cards: Go natural with these earthy place cards.You can create these with just a paint pen in ten minutes, and they can be used to help keep things from blowing away, too. (via BHG)
20. Baby’s Breath Floral Crown: Want your guests to feel floral from head to toe? Whip up some of these baby’s breath flower crowns for your favorite ladies to sport during the event. Turning these into simple brooches or corsages with a little bit of ribbon would also be a fun, slightly quicker option. (via Rustic Wedding Chic)
Are you planning a summer garden party? What ideas do you have in mind? Leave us your thoughts in the comments below or on Facebook.