15 Gold Cocktails for When You’re Craving a Liquid Gold Fix
We’re most definitely not newbs when it comes to throwing a gilded cocktail party. So we’re here to offer up one serious #protip: Once the treats are dusted with edible glitter and the sparkly photo booth backdrop is positioned in place, be sure that the real stars of the hour — the drinks, of course — are just as gussied up! That means going way beyond gold leafing your stemware (though you could totally do that, too!) and crafting pure liquid gold. From brassy hued bourbon drinks to rose gold bellinis, these 15 shimmering sippables taste as deluxe as they look.
1. Liquid Gold: What happens when cloves + cinnamon infuse fresh pineapple juice and rum? You get a mulled masterpiece of a boozy beverage. Garnish with caramelized pineapple hunks ‘cause you fancy. (via Kitchenette)
2. Rosemary and Grapefruit Fizz: Vodka-soda-lime gets bumped up with a more mega citrus: the grapefruit. Fresh ruby red juice + matching flavored sparkling water give a tart fizz to this rosemary garnished cocktail. (via The Slender Student)
4. Pear and Ginger Sage Cocktail: This boozy bevy packs a massive flavor punch by combining vodka with three ultra fresh ingredients — pear nectar, diced ginger and sage leaves. Savor these fall flavors year round or switch it up with seasonal nectar from ripe stone fruit. (via A Cozy Kitchen)
5. Raspberry Coconut Punch: If the golden ombre fade of this punch doesn’t hook you, the taste of the sweet-and-sour sipper will! Tangy citrus collides with raspberry-pomegranate vodka and Malibu to create this party-ready flavor bomb. (via Averie Cooks)
6. Rhubarb Champagne Cocktail: When you’re done baking that world-famous rhubarb pie, treat yourself to another blue ribbon-worthy creation with what’s leftover of the tart veg. Be warned though: You’re gonna want to stare into the rose gold hue of this rhubarb cocktail for more than just one happy hour! (via 4Pure)
7. Golden Ale Beertail: Why choose between slinging back a brew or a cocktail when you can have both at once?! The ingredients for this golden ale beertail may seem a little odd (hmm… elderflower liqueur AND hot sauce?) but trust us when we say it puts you on the fast track to total refreshment. (via The Beeroness)
8. Gilded Sugar Rim: Sooo your drink of choice is any color of the rainbow but gold. Well sticking to your special sauce is fine, but that doesn’t mean you can’t get in on the festive spirit. The quick fix: Trick out your drink rim with gold sugar. (via Kelli Murray)
9. Hibiscus and Ginger Cocktail: This champagne cocktail might win for prettiest presentation — the star of the show is a plump hibiscus flower that dyes your bubbly the most stunning shade of rose gold. (via Spoon Fork Bacon)
10. Lemon Thyme Cocktail With Honey Lime Syrup: Make your gold cocktail nice and sweet (but not too sweet) by using honey instead of sugar. Balance it out with a squeeze of lemon juice and fresh thyme as garnish. (via Dishing Up the Dirt)
11. Spiced Orange Spritzer: Cinnamon-y Goldshlager is the perfect PIC to blood orange soda that when mixed gives this vodka drink a warm and refreshing flavor. Grate in some ginger to make it extra spicy. (via Antiquaria)
13. Bitters Rock Candy + Champagne: We’re obsessed with this whimsical way to add flavor to champagne — make bitters-flavored rock candy! Add the genius novelty to your flute to give your bubbly a perfect metallic sheen. (via Meats and Sweets)
14. The Sun Also Rises Cocktail: The secret ingredient to making this amped up daiquiri? Absinthe! Just a teaspoon will kick this rum and grapefruit drink into high gear. (via 10th Kitchen)
15. Peach and Raspberry Bellinis: Pour prosecco over raspberry + peach puree and get ready to witness the rose gold storm of the century. We don’t blame you for staring — just remember to sip! (via Sweet Peas and Saffron)
How are you toasting to #goldweek? Share your favorite gold drink recipe with us in the comments below.