This Pamplemousse La Croix and Lavender Mocktail Is Your New Summer Drink
Everyone needs a tasty mocktail to have on hand for easy summer sipping. If you’re addicted to La Croix (which rhymes with enjoy FYI) and hoarding cases like everyone else, this fun drink will have you happily release a few for your next get- together. Our recipe mixes Pamplemousse La Croix with a homemade lavender simple syrup and fresh grapefruit juice to hit the spot when you’re gathered with friends (and even when you’re not).
Lavender isn’t just for sleepytime tea and lotions. Use the dried, food-quality buds (you can pick them up in the spice section) to infuse a simple syrup to mix with cocktails, to sweeten a cup of hot tea, or to use in a mocktail like this one. If the day calls for it, this refreshing drink can be spiked too. Simply add a shot of tequila, vodka, or gin, and you’ll be in business… or should we say on vacay?
Pamplemousse La Croix and Lavender Mocktails
(Makes 2 10-ounce drinks)
Lavender Simple Syrup:
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons food-quality, dried lavender
- 6 ounces grapefruit juice
- 2 ounces of lavender simple syrup
- 4 ounces Pamplemousse La Croix soda
- Grapefruit slices, to garnish
1. To Make the Simple Syrup: Add the water, sugar, and lavender to a small saucepan over high heat. Whisk to combine and bring the mixture to a boil. Cover, reduce the heat to low, and simmer for 10 minutes. Remove from the heat and allow the mixture to steep for about 30 minutes, covered.
2. Strain the lavender buds from the liquid and discard. Allow the mixture to cool. You can store the simple syrup in a glass container in the refrigerator for about two weeks.
3. To Make the Mocktails: Add ice to a cocktail shaker and to 2 (10-ounce) glasses. Add the grapefruit juice and simple syrup to the shaker. Shake, then pour evenly into the glasses. Top each drink with the La Croix. Garnish with grapefruit and enjoy.
Ready for more mocktails? Follow us on Pinterest!
(Recipe and photos via Patricia Conte / Brit + Co)