17 Fruity Cocktail and Mocktail Recipes
Summer just got better. That’s because these 17 fruit-infused cocktails and mocktails aren’t just a way to cool down from the heat, they’re absolutely delicious. Infuse your lemonades, punches and cocktails with fresh summer fruit — from berries to lemons — and you’ve got a mix of drinks that are sweet, tart, citrusy and 100% delightful. You’ll feel like you’re on a beach getaway, even if you’re just indulging in a sweet sip after work.
2. Boozy Strawberry Basil Lemonade: If lemonade stands of yesteryear sold this stuff, we’d be broke! After downing a glass of this herby strawberry lemonade, mixed with strawberry-flavored vodka, you’ll be back for seconds, trust us. (via Fab Fatale)
3. Ginger Berry Sangria: We don’t have to tell you sangria comes loaded with fruit. But this version gets extra points for using seasonal summer berries and ginger for a spicy kick to pair down the sweetness. (via Lynsey Loves Food)
5. Pineapple Agua Fresca: Just waiting for an escape to the islands? Get there by pureeing a pineapple with lime, then combining it with water and rum to create this tropical beverage. (via PDX Food Love)
7. Frozen Watermelon Nojito: Skip the rum with this mojito. You’ll still get all the minty flavor you love. Rather than using lime, it’s blended with frozen watermelon and coconut milk. (via Begin Within Nutrition)
11. Watermelon Jalapeño Cooler: You don’t need any booze in this drink. That’s because you’ll get enough of a kick from the jalapeño syrup in the mocktail and candied jalapeños on top. Good thing you’ve got watermelon to balance out the heat. (via Cafe Lynnylu)
13. Raspberry-Rhubarb Collins Party Punch: Throwing a backyard bash? Make one big batch of this light punch, loaded with raspberries, rhubarb, lemon and lime. We promise there won’t be a single drop left. (via Simple Bites)
14. Triple Berry Infused Vodka Lemonade: The fruity flavor of this lemonade comes from homemade berry vodka. Infuse your booze with this recipe, which calls for raspberries, blueberries and strawberries, then pour it into a mason jar full of lemonade. (via A Happy Food Dance)
16. Mango and Orange Punch: Move over Orangina, we’ll have a bottle of this citrus drink instead! Get all your good vitamin C from pureed mangos and oranges, and get your fizz from soda water. (via Daily Cooking Quest)
Feeling fruity? Tell us what your go-to poolside drink is below or Tweet us your fave recipe @BritandCo!
It can be intimidating to step out on your own and build a business from the ground up. As part of our collaboration with Office Depot, we're talking with Selfmade alum and solopreneur Colette Lawrence, the faith-based motivator and relationship builder behind The M.E.E. Movement, about ways in which women in business can find success.
B + C: How did you know M.E.E. Movement was your business to start?
The M.E.E Movement represents motivation, empowerment, and encouragement for women. It is what represents me. I did not know at first that it was my business to start, but then the thought of monetizing what I loved came to me. It scared me, however. I registered the business in July 2020 and have been slowly building my wings since.
B + C: What's one strategy that's helped you start your business?
Thinking through and researching what the requirements are to start my business, and then asking questions of people who are in the business. Not all advice worked; however, it helped me to figure out what I needed to do and not to do.
B + C: Did you always know life coaching would be your entrepreneurial path?
(Smiles) No, I did not. I 'stumbled" on it. I knew that people were always coming to me for advice and I found that I loved having conversations with them, especially with women, young and old.
B + C: What was your most valuable takeaway from Selfmade?
My most valuable takeaway was the first day of training: Get out of your own way. There were a lot of great moments and important takeaways from every presenter. However, getting out of my own way, pushing past doubts, was for me my most valuable takeaway. Doing something that I had never done before took courage. If I do not focus on what is happening with me mentally then I cannot deliver to my clients successfully.
B + C: What's one piece of advice you would give to female entrepreneurs on the brink of starting?
Get out of your head. You have something to offer. You have what you need to succeed so go ahead and do it.
B + C: How do you stay motivated?
I stay motivated by listening to music and listening to motivational speakers, and sometimes someone will just reach out and talk about the impact that I made in their life. That adds the extra juice or sauce I need to pummel through the day.
B + C: What's your best organizational tip?
Keep a diary and journal. It's the best way for me to keep organized and it also provides a source motivation as I record not only my "losses" but my wins as well.
B + C: Who inspires you in the entrepreneurial space?
Shirley Toliver – She motivates and empowers and makes me always want to show up.
B + C: What has receiving the Office Depot scholarship to Selfmade done to help you start or grow your business?
The scholarship was a blessing in that all the areas that were covered offered valuable information that I needed, from social media to HR. As a new business owner, I needed to know this to increase my own personal awareness in what it takes to run a successful business. The candidness of the presenters made it easy to see myself in their shoes and helped me to realize that I can also get there.
Want to feel motivated to take the next step for your business? Let Office Depot OfficeMax give you the confidence you need with a suite of business services & solutions to help you put your best foot forward. Make a good first impression with business cards & build the business pitch of your dreams with custom presentations. With Office Depot OfficeMax you'll find the tools to reach new customers with confidence.
Head to Office Depot's Selfmade page to check out even more amazing business resources (and discounts!) to help you accomplish more on your entrepreneurial journey. These offers are available for a limited time only, so be sure to take advantage of all this goodness while supplies last. Want to join the next Selfmade cohort this summer? Check out all of the scholarship details right here.