15 Ways to Bring a Little Green to Your Spring Wedding
Green is one of those colors that just goes with everything, which is probably why you’ve seen it all over the wedding scene lately. It translates well on wedding cakes, stationery, decor and even dresses, especially during spring! Not only does the color look good, but it also represents living, thriving and growth — a perfect color to symbolize the new chapter of your life. Whether you’re having a whimsical backyard wedding or an intimate destination wedding, these 15 green details will inspire you to incorporate this luscious color into your big day. And trust us, this color is *never* going out of style.
1. Succulent Accents: If you’re going for a neutral wedding palette, stylish succulents are a great way to add pops of green to your decor. Not only do they make beautiful accents, but they are a perfect (and eco-friendly!) take-home favor for your guests. (Photo via Hello Blue Photo)
2. Bridal Party Prints: Printed dresses are so in style this season. For a spring or summer wedding, these dresses’ green and blooming pattern freshens up the traditional bridal-party look. Not to mention, the bridal party will happily be able to wear these ones again. (Event design: Antonia Christianson / Photo via JacPfef Photography)
3. Tabletop Greenery: Incorporating greenery into your tabletop decor will make your natural wood tables pop! This is a simple and cost-effective way to bring your reception tables to life. (Event design: White Elephant Events / Photo vis Samantha Lauren Photographie)
4. Shades of Blooms: Shades of blush, purple and yellow go great with a green color palette. Incorporate various blooms for a swoon-worthy bouquet + bridesmaids dress combo. (Photo via Megan Clouse Photography)
5. Simply Green: If a minimalist wedding is what you’re going for, accenting with foliage is the perfect touch. Bonus? This look is stylish *and* easy on the wallet. (Floral design: Brie’s Honeybees and Flowers / Photo via Alissa Noelle Photography)
6. Luscious Vines: Dark wood and green are like a match made in heaven. Case in point? These Mr. & Mrs. chairs. To keep your reception space light and airy be sure to add lots of greenery and plenty of white blooms. (Event design: A Good Affair / Photo via Per Pixel Photography)
7. Tastebuds Green With Envy: Your reception decor isn’t the only place where you can add some green details. These mini tacos in lime wedges will be a hit at your cocktail hour. (Catering: Modern Art Catering / Photo via Kylie Chevalier)
8. Natural Hairpiece: If you’re going for a unique bridal look, forgo the veil. Fern leaves and white blooms make for a beautiful hairpiece. Talk about a great alternative to the popular flower crown! (Event design: White Peacock Events / Photo via La De Da Photography)
9. Tropical Vibe: The tropical wedding is IN. Get the look yourself with oversized tropical leaves as an escort card. The leaves’ deep green hues add the perfect contrast against a wooden table! (Photo via Krista Mason / Event design: Chic Celebrations)
10. Sequin Glam: Deep emerald + sequins = total glam. Table linens are a great way to combine your color palette and theme without breaking the bank. (Event design: Kate Whelan Events / Photo via Sarah Maren Photography)
11. Natural and Simple: Adding elements of nature is an easy and affordable way to add a rustic vibe to your ceremony. Hang a garland to really play up the outdoor space. (Event design: GATHER Events / Photo via Amy and Stuart)
12. Detailed Stationery: Play up traditional stationery with a fun design. This retro green lining creates the perfect pop against the simple invitation and will go oh-so well with your minimalist invitation suite. (Stationery: Copper Willow / Photo via Juan Turcios)
14. Nature-Inspired: Delicate floral designs give a gorgeous accent to a white invitation suite. Your guests will be swooning over the nature-inspired theme! (Stationery: Bella Figura)
15. Tree-Lined Reception: Pick a reception space with tons of natural greenery. Overarching sycamore trees like this are great for hanging large white lanterns and plenty of cafe string lights. (Venue: Bear Flag Farm / Photo via Lisa Lefkowitz)
Are you having a spring wedding? Follow us on Pinterest for more spring wedding ideas.
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)