We’re making extra space on our grill for some smashin’ seafood meals this summer. We know, most of us feel safer grilling a steak or even our breakfast, but the truth is that seafood grills up in minutes and is incredibly easy to get right. So save that steak and skip spaghetti night, because, after all, it’s grilling season. Check out these 18 recipes to get you inspired to fire up the grill and to remind everyone that seafood is always a good idea.
1. Grilled Oysters With Pico de Gallo: Pico de gallo makes an unexpected and surprisingly good topping for oysters — so vibrant! What a beautiful way to pretty up your dinner table. (via Jason and Shawnda)
2. Grilled Lobster With Garlic Herb Butter: Lobster is one of those foods that tends to intimidate home chefs, but you might just be surprised by the simplicity of this recipe. If you’re going to master one classic recipe this summer, let it be this butter and herb crumb-topped lobster. (via Olives & Garlic)
4. Grilled Swordfish Kebabs With Vegetables: Want something a bit more special for your supper? Enter: swordfish. Although it might sound intimidating, this fish only requires a few minutes of cooking time. (A Food Centric Life)
5. Grilled Scallops With Ruby Red Grapefruit and Chili Glaze: You’ll want to linger on every last bite of this lovely scallop and citrus dish. The grapefruit chili glaze is sure to become your signature recipe — don’t worry, we won’t share your secret! (via Food 52)
6. Grilled Shrimp and Pepper Jack Cheese Nachos: Clearly we’ve been doing nachos all wrong. Shrimp nachos with a spicy pepper jack are about to take the world by storm. Introduce them to your friends and watch the new nacho craze begin. (via Barbells and Bellinis)
7. Grilled Buffalo Shrimp Po’ Boys: As much as we love a piece of sizzlin’ meat right off the grill, sometimes the best warm-weather eats are lighter fare. The smokiness of the grill-seared shrimp pairs perfectly with a cool bed of veggies and a hearty bun. (via Mother Thyme)
8. Grilled Salmon With Strawberry Avocado Salsa: Salmon is the one fish we just can’t get enough of. This recipe incorporates the season’s bounty of fresh produce with an enticingly colorful strawberry avocado salsa. It’s this sweet topping that will make it a big hit with the kids. (via Jason and Shawnda)
9. Spicy Tuna Roll Burger: Ground beef patties are topped with sushi-grade spicy tuna to create one monster burger. Be warned: This is a mile-high sandwich and may cause a delicious mess. (via Use Real Butter)
10. Spiced Salmon Kebabs: This recipe is testament that a quick, flavorful marinade can liven up any fish dish. Toss these skewers over the coals, baste generously and watch the magic happen. (via My Invisible Crown)
17. Grilled Halibut: Marinate halibut steaks in this herbed olive oil sauce and grill for a couple minutes on each side for a fast, hassle-free meal. Double the recipe and tomorrow’s lunch is covered, too! (via Bake Bellissima)
What kind of seafood are you serving up this summer? Let us know in the comments below or Tweet us about it!