15 Breakfast Recipes for Girls Who Like to Grill
The discovery of grilled breakfast foods has taken the concept of the morning meal to a whole new, mind-blowing level. Grill marks at the breakfast table are a thing, and you’re definitely going to want to get in on them. It’s time to indulge in some sizzling, grilled chow, starting with the most important meal of the day. So go ahead, grill your breakfast and get out of that routine rut with these 15 options to try ASAP.
1. Grilled Peach and Burrata Crostini: Every bite of this crunchy crostini is packed with flavor. Grilled peaches, prosciutto and burrata layer beautifully. We promise, these bites taste every bit as good as they look — or even better. (via Spoon Fork Bacon)
2. Whole Wheat Grilled Pita Pizza: Pizza isn’t just for parties (or those days when you’re too tired to make dinner). We’re talking pizza for breakfast — and not the cold, leftover kind. (via Domesticate Me)
3. Grilled Ruby Grapefruit With Yogurt and Honey: Even the grapefruit-wary types are destined to love this dish. The slight bitterness of the grapefruit becomes sweeter as the fruit heats and begins to caramelize. Besides, who can turn down anything garnished with sugar and a drizzle of honey? (via Cuizine)
5. Funky Monkey Grilled Donut With Nutella: Donuts? Who doesn’t love ’em? We’re amping up these breakfast treats with some crazy good toppings like grilled bananas and a cream cheese icing. (via The Little Kitchen)
6. Eggs Benedict Burger: If you like your morning meal on the hearty side, try eggs prepared on a burger. Crispy bacon and hollandaise sauce dress the sandwich up even more. We’re not gonna lie, this is probably our new favorite breakfast/brunch/we’ll-eat-it-anytime-we-want-it dish. (via Jason and Shawnda)
7. Grilled Banana Maui Bagels: Fired up bagels? It’s a thing… a really good thing. Skip the cream cheese and top it all off with a bit of Nutella and grilled-to-sweet-perfection bananas. (via Healthy Happy Life)
8. Poached Egg With Grilled Asparagus and Serrano Ham: We’re saying buh-bye to boring breakfasts and hello to a savory plate of seared asparagus, poached eggs and ham. (via Beyond Sweet and Savory)
9. Cinnamon Orange Vanilla Grilled Vegan French Toast: No one will be complaining about this tasty, vanilla orange toast. It’s the perfect complement to a long, lazy morning. And it’s vegan! (via Healthy Happy Life)
10. Grilled Sausage With Eggs and Kale: The ideal summer breakfast? There’s a grill for that. And a recipe. This one-dish deal featuring hearty favorites looks like a winner for sure. (via David the Tornado)
11. Grilled Breakfast Pizza: This is hands down the best way to eat pizza. Ever. If you’ve been on the fence about trying pizza for breakfast, one look at this grilled variety will make you an instant convert. (via How Sweet Eats)
13. Grilled Watermelon With Honey Glazed Mandarin: Nothing screams summer like watermelon. The watermelon wedge is totally in, and who knew? You can grill it! Top with muesli, mandarin sections, a dollop of yogurt and voila! Breakfast (or brunch) is served. (via Capture by Lucy)
14. Grilled Espresso Glazed Coconut Donuts: Portable gourmet, that’s what these little wonders are. Grill your donut, glaze it and dip into a mocha coconut ganache for an out-of-this-world treat. Yep, the donut just got more delicious, if that was even possible. (via Half Baked Harvest)
15. Grilled Asparagus and Poached Eggs on Ciabatta: Hosting brunch? Here’s a tasty bite that’s perfect for the occasion. A toasty ciabatta bun cozied up to grilled asparagus and poached eggs. Way to get your veggies in at breakfast! (via Shades of Cinnamon)
Which of these foods are you dyin’ to get on your grill? Tell us in the comments below or on Facebook.
Back in January, we introduced you to a feel-good cause to inspire your New Year's resolution: a walking challenge to help raise funds for the amazing cancer fighters at The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. I took part in the challenge with the Brit + Co team and ended up walking 105+ miles in January — it was awesome.
This spring, there's a new challenge on the horizon, The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society's Big Climb. The ask: On May 15, 2021, you can step up to take cancer down by committing to climb 1,311 steps, walking 3.2 miles, or doing 440 chair step-ups at home as part of the Big Climb. If you need some motivation to bring movement back into your daily routine — look no further!
As always, it's free to sign up, but climbers are encouraged to set a fundraising goal to help beat cancer. We'll be organizing another Brit + Co team to step up, and I hope you'll join us too! Keep scrolling for a peek at where I'll be completing the challenge in my Los Angeles neighborhood around the hidden Silver Lake Stairs. Happy climbing!
Never underestimate the power of an accountability buddy! I asked my in-laws, my partner, and a few friends to join me so we can keep each other motivated and accountable in completing the challenge — virtual high-fives all around! Also, my dog Fox is a great climber, too.
An aesthetically pleasing backdrop is a huge motivator for me! I'm fortunate to have all sorts of painted steps around my neighborhood to keep the challenge interesting, but you can also keep cool inside with at-home chair step-ups.
Don't forget to share your progress on social — #BigClimb!
Feel free to break the challenge up if you need to by tackling half the distance in the AM and half at sunset. Here's me 1,311 steps later and ready for a break — but, think I earned this one!