15 Breakfast Recipes for Girls Who Like to Grill
The discovery of grilled breakfast foods has taken the concept of the morning meal to a whole new, mind-blowing level. Grill marks at the breakfast table are a thing, and you’re definitely going to want to get in on them. It’s time to indulge in some sizzling, grilled chow, starting with the most important meal of the day. So go ahead, grill your breakfast and get out of that routine rut with these 15 options to try ASAP.
1. Grilled Peach and Burrata Crostini: Every bite of this crunchy crostini is packed with flavor. Grilled peaches, prosciutto and burrata layer beautifully. We promise, these bites taste every bit as good as they look — or even better. (via Spoon Fork Bacon)
2. Whole Wheat Grilled Pita Pizza: Pizza isn’t just for parties (or those days when you’re too tired to make dinner). We’re talking pizza for breakfast — and not the cold, leftover kind. (via Domesticate Me)
3. Grilled Ruby Grapefruit With Yogurt and Honey: Even the grapefruit-wary types are destined to love this dish. The slight bitterness of the grapefruit becomes sweeter as the fruit heats and begins to caramelize. Besides, who can turn down anything garnished with sugar and a drizzle of honey? (via Cuizine)
5. Funky Monkey Grilled Donut With Nutella: Donuts? Who doesn’t love ’em? We’re amping up these breakfast treats with some crazy good toppings like grilled bananas and a cream cheese icing. (via The Little Kitchen)
6. Eggs Benedict Burger: If you like your morning meal on the hearty side, try eggs prepared on a burger. Crispy bacon and hollandaise sauce dress the sandwich up even more. We’re not gonna lie, this is probably our new favorite breakfast/brunch/we’ll-eat-it-anytime-we-want-it dish. (via Jason and Shawnda)
7. Grilled Banana Maui Bagels: Fired up bagels? It’s a thing… a really good thing. Skip the cream cheese and top it all off with a bit of Nutella and grilled-to-sweet-perfection bananas. (via Healthy Happy Life)
8. Poached Egg With Grilled Asparagus and Serrano Ham: We’re saying buh-bye to boring breakfasts and hello to a savory plate of seared asparagus, poached eggs and ham. (via Beyond Sweet and Savory)
9. Cinnamon Orange Vanilla Grilled Vegan French Toast: No one will be complaining about this tasty, vanilla orange toast. It’s the perfect complement to a long, lazy morning. And it’s vegan! (via Healthy Happy Life)
10. Grilled Sausage With Eggs and Kale: The ideal summer breakfast? There’s a grill for that. And a recipe. This one-dish deal featuring hearty favorites looks like a winner for sure. (via David the Tornado)
11. Grilled Breakfast Pizza: This is hands down the best way to eat pizza. Ever. If you’ve been on the fence about trying pizza for breakfast, one look at this grilled variety will make you an instant convert. (via How Sweet Eats)
13. Grilled Watermelon With Honey Glazed Mandarin: Nothing screams summer like watermelon. The watermelon wedge is totally in, and who knew? You can grill it! Top with muesli, mandarin sections, a dollop of yogurt and voila! Breakfast (or brunch) is served. (via Capture by Lucy)
14. Grilled Espresso Glazed Coconut Donuts: Portable gourmet, that’s what these little wonders are. Grill your donut, glaze it and dip into a mocha coconut ganache for an out-of-this-world treat. Yep, the donut just got more delicious, if that was even possible. (via Half Baked Harvest)
15. Grilled Asparagus and Poached Eggs on Ciabatta: Hosting brunch? Here’s a tasty bite that’s perfect for the occasion. A toasty ciabatta bun cozied up to grilled asparagus and poached eggs. Way to get your veggies in at breakfast! (via Shades of Cinnamon)
Which of these foods are you dyin’ to get on your grill? Tell us in the comments below or on Facebook.
Your relationship with your finances is one of the most important relationships you'll ever have, and you can't avoid it. That said, for many of us, the pandemic only added to our financial stress. If you find yourself feeling frazzled, just remember that financial insecurity isn't a net-worth issue — it's a mindset issue. And, we happen to have plenty of advice on how to turn your money mindset around so you can take charge of your funds once and for all.
To start, feeling secure begins with a strong foundation, and there's no better time than now to get started stacking the bricks. It's easy to get swept up in the January "new year, new me" mentality, but really? Any time is the right time to get yourself in order. You don't need to wait for a new year, a new moon, the right moment, or a sign from above. You don't even have to start on the first day of the month — you just need to start.
Introducing NerdWallet: A Safe and Reliable Money App
To help with that, we've put together a list of the just-right-for-you ways that NerdWallet can help you monitor your financial outlook. Haven't heard of them yet? NerdWallet is a personal finance company that helps consumers make smarter financial decisions. Their website and app let you compare different financial products, find articles and tools to make financial decisions with confidence, and keep tabs on your finances (hey there, credit score, I see you!) all in one place. Plus, NerdWallet has over 75,000 glowing reviews in the App Store (and a 4.8 star rating) if you want to read up on any more testimonials.
Tim Chen, NerdWallet's CEO and co-founder, started this financial journey in 2009 after his sister needed help finding a credit card. Even with an economics degree and a Wall Street background, it took awhile for Tim to find the right recommendation (so don't feel too bad when it takes you a while, too). Their mission is to bring clarity to all of life's financial decisions.
So it's safe to say that NerdWallet is a pretty good sherpa for your journey, too.
Get the most from your money
Did you know that the money you park in a savings account can lose value? Harsh, but true. If your money isn't earning interest that's on pace with inflation it will actually be worth less to you in the future. And if the bank charges fees? Forget about it. Make sure you're earning the interest you deserve and come out on top. NerdWallet has researched dozens of financial institutions to help consumers find the best options. The hard work has already been done for you, so you can just select the account that works best for you and your nest egg.
Keep an eye on everything, securely
Once everything is set up, tracking and managing your finances is what will keep the money machine running smoothly. You can create an account either through the site or the app and link your bank accounts, then keep tabs on all your finances in one place. Get a clear picture of your saving and spending, get insights into how to master your money, and even build your credit score all in one place.
Get extra credit points
Do you have the best credit card for your lifestyle? Some cards give cash back on every purchase, ones with travel perks, and ones that charge way less interest than you're paying now. NerdWallet takes the guesswork out of choosing the right credit card with simple side-by-side comparisons of different credit cards so that you feel confident choosing the right one. Whatever you want to do, NerdWallet can help you find the best credit card to get it done.
Know your options for settling down
Mortgage rates are pretty low and it looks like they're going to stay that way for awhile, so buying a home might be the move sooner than you think. But there's so much more to a mortgage than just the interest rate! To help you choose a mortgage lender, NerdWallet has in-depth reviews on multiple lenders in a mixture of categories so you get the home loan with the mortgage rate, term, and fees that's right for you.
Settle an old score
NerdWallet helps you monitor your credit score for free and helps you see how little things (like raising the limit on your credit card or paying your bills on time) can increase your score. NerdWallet partners with TransUnion® to provide your VantageScore® 3.0, based on information in your TransUnion® credit report. Your score and credit report information are updated weekly. But that's not even close to all:
- They provide you with tips from experts on how you could build or optimize your credit score
- You'll get a detailed look at your credit score and all the factors that go into it—your payment history, credit utilization, the age and type of accounts, balances, and any recent inquiries
- The credit simulator tool gives you an idea of how your credit score would change if you applied for a new credit card, closed your oldest credit card, or got a new auto loan
- You also get free, unlimited access to your credit report
When it comes to managing your money, safe and reliable is where it's at. Establishing a healthy relationship with your finances begins when you take control and practice habits that build wealth. Signing up just takes a few minutes. Set your intentions to build a solid financial foundation, it will only strengthen your relationship with your finances. And don't be afraid to get a little nerdy while you're at it.