Say Bye to Beef With 14 Ground Turkey Recipes
Turkey is usually relegated to the holiday table and forgotten the rest of the year in favor of other meats like beef or chicken. But this versatile and lean meat is a perfect alternative if you’re looking for something healthier than red meat and a little more exciting than chicken. Ground turkey is great for creating everything from burgers and tacos to chili and lasagna. Try these 14 ground turkey recipes year ’round for a different take on your favorite dishes.
2. Quinoa and Ground Turkey Zucchini Boats: Pair ground turkey with gluten-free, high-protein quinoa for a meal that will keep you full all day long. The cute zucchini boats also make this a fun dish to serve at parties. (via E Is for Eat)
3. Easy Turkey Chili With Kale: Chili is one of those dishes that can be frozen for months and still come out tasting good, making it the perfect go-to for quick family dinners. Make yours a little healthier with the addition of ground turkey and kale. (via The Kitchn)
6. Bubble Up Enchiladas: The name itself is enough to conjure up images of melted, bubbling cheese. But don’t be fooled by the ooey gooey-ness of this dish, because, coming in at 390 calories, it’s actually pretty healthy! (via Recipe Diaries)
7. Turkey Parmesan Meatballs: A new riff on an old classic, these aren’t the meatballs your grandma used to make. These oven-baked bites are a healthy choice, and the melted Parmesan topping prevents them from drying out. (via I am a Food Blog)
8. Quick and Easy BBQ Cups: Five ingredients and 20 minutes is all you need to make these BBQ turkey cups. They’re fun for kids and adults alike and make for great party snacks. (via Yummy Healthy Easy)
10. Ground Turkey Rolled Tacos: As if we didn’t love tacos enough, these bad boys are fried to a crispy golden brown. But if you want to keep it a little lighter, these tacos are packed with enough flavor to keep them delicious even pre-fry. (via De Su Mama)
11. Spicy Tomato and Turkey Soup With Ditalini: Soup is the ultimate feel-good meal but can sometimes seem bland and boring. Not anymore, with this spicy concoction of tomato, ground turkey and little pasta pieces. (via Iowa Girl Eats)
13. Mini Turkey Meatloaves: Eating clean can be hard so these easy mini turkey meatloaves are the perfect make-ahead recipe for busy ladies on the go. Make a batch on the weekend to last you the rest of the week and pop one in your mouth as a snack, quick breakfast or mid-afternoon pick me up. (via All Sorts of Pretty)
14. Spaghetti Squash Lasagna Bowls: Not only do you get to eat a fun meal out of a squash bowl, the spaghetti squash resembles real spaghetti, making you think you’re indulging in a bowl of pasta when you’re really not! (via Sweet Remedy)
Will you make the switch from other meats to turkey? What are some of your favorite ways to cook ground turkey? Sound off below!