13 Gorgeous and Ghastly Halloween Nail Art Designs
Here at Brit HQ, we think the perfect Halloween costume is not complete without an amazing mani. But we’re not talking about cheesy pumpkin nail art, here. We mean manis that are scary, sometimes chic, and totally complementary to your ghastly get up. That’s why these 13 nail art designs should definitely be your go-tos come October 31st.
1. Googly Eyes: Do you have the feeling that somebody’s watching you? That’s probably because you’ve got googly eyes all over your nails, silly! These shifting peepers may be one of the easiest designs to replicate. (via Icy Nails)
3. Vampire Nails: Can you believe that these jaw-dropping nails take only three steps to complete? A coat of red nail polish “lips” are parted with a black nail striper before pointy white fangs are drawn perfectly in place. (via MissJenFABULOUS)
4. Spiderwebs: Walking into spiderwebs usually sucks, unless you’re talking about the song by No Doubt or referring to this totally rad nail art design. This simple, black and white main will go with nearly any spooky get up. (via Sincerely Stephanie)
6. Orange and Black: Looking for less fright and more fun in your Halloween nail art design? Then check out this striped and speckled mani! The classic color combo of orange and black make it unmistakably made for Halloween. (via Missadelinne)
8. Black Cat: We’ve seen our share of black cat manis, but we especially love this one because of its 3D cat ears! To get this fabulous feline look, add two tiny triangles of black paper to your polish just before it dries. (via Peace Love Polish)
9. Zombie Nails: Warning: There is no way to un-see these undead digits. Do they make us kind of nauseous? Yes. But we wholeheartedly applaud the brave souls who dare to dive all in with this disturbing mani (we tend to take a prettier approach on this subject matter). (via Psh***t)
10. Candy Corn Nails: After that zombie mani, we needed to see something sweet and comforting, like this candy corn nail art! We’re nuts about this color blocked candy—see all the ways we’ve used it for the holiday so far here! (via Jadeisabelle)
11. Green Gooze Nails: Creating these oozing green nails is actually much easier than you may think. Start out by making three grossly green dots in the middle of your black coated nails, then squiggle your way up to the top. Doesn’t it look like you dipped your fingers in a vat of slime? Ewww! (via Shakeshakee)
12. Bloodspattered Nails: Is it wrong to be strangely intrigued by the look these scary bloodspattered nails? We think not, especially because the way to get this effect is as cool as that skeleton ring! (via Go Jane)
13. Mummy Nails: We’ll wrap up our Halloween nail art picks with our favorite of the bunch: mummy nails! Can you guess material this blogger uses to get this incredible mummified look? (via Peace Love Polish)
Are you planning to rock some spooky nail art this Halloween? Be sure to share your ideas with us in the comments below!
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)