22 Essentials for Your Halloween Pumpkin Carving Party
Carving pumpkins is one of the BEST parts of Halloween. So why not turn it into an even bigger part of your All Hallows’ Eve celebration by hosting a pumpkin carving party? Call up your best pals — make sure they know to BYOP (bring your own pumpkin) — and start planning your shindig. Since hosting can be a lot of pressure, we’ve rounded up these essentials to help you nail a memorable partay.
1. BYOP Invitation ($10): Make your party official and ensure guests save the date by creating your own clever invite, or peruse the web to find one like this cute Etsy “BYOP” (bring your own pumpkin) invite. (via StudioAMDesign)
2. Halloween Photo Prop Party Pack ($22): What’s better than a photo booth with props? NOTHING, that’s what. Make your own photo booth area for your pumpkin carving party and put together some fun props like Halloween costume masks, feather boas and all that jazz.
3. DIY Apron With Secret Pocket: No one wants pumpkin guts on their outfits. Make sure your guests are outfitted prior to carving with some fun aprons. You can go DIY crazy with aprons like this colorful beauty, or opt to purchase them if it’s easier. (via Brit + Co)
4. Printable Pumpkin Carving Templates: How cool is this Beyoncé pumpkin carving template? Give guests the option to draw on their own designs or carve using a variety of templates you’ve pre-printed. There are tons of free templates online, but this list of 40 is a great starting place. (via Brit + Co)
8. ACME Striped Paper Straws ($24): The little things really *can* make all the difference. Use these pretty little orange paper straws to serve as accents to whatever festive cocktail you serve.
10. Pumpkin Seed Puppy Chow: You might just eat an entire bag of this before your guests arrive — don’t say we didn’t warn you! But seriously, if you haven’t made puppy chow (of any kind) before, you are missing out on a tried-and-true party snack. Whip this one up to really wow your guests. (via Brit + Co)
11. Homemade Apple Cider Cocktail: Libations are a party MUST! Try a fall-inspired cider drink (which is easy to turn into a virgin version) to go hand-in-hand with your pumpkin carving party. (via Sugar and Charm)
12. Pumpkin Carving Tools: Have you ever tried carving a pumpkin with a butter knife? Spoiler alert: It doesn’t go well. Make sure you have some solid sets of pumpkin carving tools available so your guests can carve with ease. (via Brit + Co)
14. Roasted Pumpkin Seeds Six Ways: Label and serve pumpkin seeds with different seasonings. You can make recipe cards to give to your guests at the end of the party for the perfect no-fuss party favor. (via Back to Her Roots)
16. Black Cocktails: Don’t worry, the ghoulish-looking cocktail above is not real blood, but it does look super spooky, making it the perfect addition to other creepy snacks (witch’s fingers, anyone?). (via Brit + Co)
18. Pumpkin Ice Bucket: Wow your guests by turning pumpkins into coolers to keep drinks chilled. Put a clear glass bowl inside your pumpkin “cooler” and you can use it to hold snacks instead of drinks. (via Everyday Dishes & DIY)
19. Pumpkin Spiced Almond Snack Mix: Believe it or not, there are lots of fun pumpkin spice recipes to try besides the PSL. This pumpkin spiced snack mix would go over very well with hungry pumpkin carvers. (via Brit + Co)
20. Expo Dry Erase Pens ($18): Expo pens work *so much better* than Sharpies (at least when it comes to pumpkins). Dry erase markers are preferable for drawing designs because their marks can be easily wiped off after carving. Can you say #HalloweenHack?
22. Seasonal Jams: Craft a Halloween playlist so you and your guests can jam out while you carve and decorate. We recommend Spotify or Pandora Radio for an easier alternative.
Which pumpkin party essentials will you be using? Let us know in the comments section below.
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)