12 Tasty Recipes Sure To Cure Any Hangover
Strong black coffee, Tylenol, and copious cups of water are common hangover cures, while others prefer the hair of the dog. But for many, greasy grub and alcohol-absorbing carbs are the key to sober up. For those in that camp, we’ve compiled a list of tasty hangover recipes for all those that partied their tails off this holiday season.
2. Eggs with Fresh Tomato Salsa: An egg dish with veggies is a hearty and delicious way to kick any hangover to the curb. It will satisfy any appetite and it’s also a healthy alternative. (via Living Tastefully)
3. Traditional Beef Pho: A hot pot of soup is another surefire way to feel better in the morning. Top it off with lots of proteins, veggies, and noodles and you’ll be feeling brand new in no time. (via Serious Eats)
4. Caramel Apple Sticky Buns: Probably the best treat to wake up to after a night of fun and endless libations. The sugar, butter, and nuts combo is divine and most likely a recipe for success. (via The Pioneer Woman)
5. Whipped Ricotta Pancakes with Chocolate and Lemon Glaze: Pretty much anyone with a sweet tooth can attest that pancakes are not only perfect after good times, they are also scrumptious and likely to satisfy that carbo-loading sugar crave. (via How Sweet it Is)
6. Salmon and Bagel Egg Benedict: Feeling both light and decadent at the same time? This is fresh take on the classic benedict has all the perfect ingredients to make that hangover a thing of the past. Plus, it’s filled with omega3, good fats and proteins. Perhaps it might inspire you to go out for a walk! (via Foodie Crush)
7. Falafel Burger: This is delicious and despite being deep fried, it’s rather light and super easy to make. Add some hummus, tabouli, and olives and enjoy an authentic Mediterranean meal. (via NoshOnIt)
8. Copy Cat Big Macs: Imagine recreating this iconic burger — well now is your chance to enjoy them without dealing with all the fast-food hassles. Plus, you can eat as many as your heart desires. (via Bakeaholic Mamma)
9. Fried Chicken: Nothing cures a hangover better than finger-licking good chicken. It’s filling, delicious and, with the right sides, it will leave you stuffed and ready for some rest and relaxation. It’s best enjoyed with mashed potatoes and veggies, as it will warm up any tummy. (via i am a food blog)
10. Chocolate Cake: Very few things in life are better than a decadent piece of chocolate cake. Hangovers are the perfect opportunity to indulge and anything sweet is usually very soothing. (via the pretty blog)
11. Bloody Mary: No hangover list is ever complete without this concoction of tomato juice, vodka, Worcestershire sauce, and Tabasco. There is something on the way all of these ingredients mix that brings magic to the tummy. For 10 more delicious mary mixes, head to this article. Just make sure not to overdo it! (via CHOW)
12. BLT: It doesn’t get simpler than this and bacon STILL rules the greasy food roost. What’s even better? It doesn’t require a lot of cooking expertise or prepping, so it can be ready in a matter of minutes. (via A Cozy Kitchen)
There you go! These dishes are the perfect prescription to cure those post New Year’s Eve blues. What are some of your cures after a boozy night?
Getting the word out about your brand takes time, drive, and ingenuity. And it doesn't come easy for many entrepreneurs. As part of our collaboration with Office Depot, we're chatting with Selfmade alum Taylor Morgan McPherson, founder of Sustainable Sparkle Bar, about ways in which she scored press as a solo startup brand and what she learned from Selfmade to take her brand marketing up a notch.
B + C: How did you know Sustainable Sparkle Bar was your business to start?
Glitter has always been my thing, so when I started my event company I decided to make it my niche. I started telling people I threw glitter-themed parties where people would get sparkled with glitter body art and makeup. Six months after that I applied to my first festival and to work with SUR restaurant in West Hollywood.
B + C: What's one strategy that's helped you start your business?
I honestly can't say that I've had a specific strategy that I've followed when it comes to getting my business off the ground. I have a PR background so I was just constantly pitching new business and posting on social media.
B + C: What's the biggest challenge you face as a small business owner?
I would say creating a stable income and revenue stream. With a seasonal, event-based business it can be very up and down.
B + C: What was your most valuable takeaway from Selfmade?
The relationships I made and the push to start an email database.
B + C: How do you stay motivated?
I love what I do and I believe in myself 100%. Staying motivated isn't the hard part. Pushing myself to do the work and staying accountable is the hard part.
B + C: What's your best organizational tip? Do you use any apps that help you manage your business?
I keep multiple to-do lists, hand-written and digital. I also tell clients and partners that I will have something to them by a certain time or day so I have to stick to it.
B + C: What's one piece of advice you would give to female entrepreneurs on the brink of starting?
Just do it, take the leap. And don't worry about what anyone else says to thinks.
B + C: Who inspires you in the entrepreneurial space?
Issa Rae, I'm so inspired by everything that she's created being a creative and a black woman. It's my dream to have my own show one day based on my life and where I give advice and talk about the world. She's doing it and making people laugh and giving people joy. And it's based in LA. Watching Insecure only further cemented my dreams of wanting to live in LA.
B + C: How did you hear about the Office Depot scholarship?
One of my friends that I met through Camp No Counselors saw an IG ad for it and nominated me.
B + C: What has receiving the scholarship to Selfmade done to help you start/grow your business?
It's completely helped me level up and take my business to another level. Selfmade helped me host my first virtual event and taught me how to set up my website to sell tickets to events and get RSVPs.
B + C: How have Office Depot services or products helped you accomplish more in your business?
I got new cards to send in all of my orders with my discount code on them. I also bought a really cool 4K camera that I now use for my social media.
Let Office Depot OfficeMax help you stand out in the crowd. From signs, posters & banners to promote your business, to marketing materials to keep your customers informed, Office Depot OfficeMax offers a full suite of business services & solutions to help you & your business get noticed.
Head to Office Depot's Selfmade page to check out even more amazing business resources (and discounts!) to help you accomplish more on your entrepreneurial journey. These offers are available for a limited time only, so be sure to take advantage of all this goodness while supplies last. Want to join the next Selfmade cohort this summer? Check out all of the scholarship details right here.