Here’s How to Register to Vote… on Snapchat
Destress after work and catch up on the top news of the day.
1. Emma Watson put out a powerful new video about gender equality. On Saturday, former Harry Potter star and current feminist-about-the-world Emma Watson tweeted a video (shown above) with a strong message about gender equality. “There are many huge and high hurdles left to jump,” she says over footage of women running the hurdles at the 1964 Olympics, “but we will cross the finishing line.”
2. Not registered to vote yet? Do it on Snapchat: Until October 7, you can figure out your eligibilityand register, if you need to, all before you update your story. It’s thanks to a partnership between Snapchat and TurboVote, so look for TurboVote on the Stories or Discover page. Talk about convenient!
3. Twitter is looking for a buyer, and Disney is looking at buying Twitter: Although you might think of theme parks and kids’ movies, today’s Disney is “a conglomerate of media entities,” according to Business Insider, and Twitter is making a push to become a media company (or more of one). So the news that Disney is interested in buying the social media network is perhaps unsurprising.
4. The State Department is working on a program that will allow citizens to “sponsor” incoming refugees: It’s to be modeled on a Canadian refugee resettlement program. Details are scarce, but under the Canadian system, groups—from church congregations to colleagues—raise money to resettle a person or family, and help the newcomers find housing and work.
5. Most people want debate moderators to fact-check the candidates: A new poll from Monmouth University found that 60 percent of Americans want the presidential candidates to be fact-checked by debate moderators. The first debate takes place tonight and is moderated by Lester Holt, who works for NBC.
Let us know if there’s a particular news story you’re following at @BritandCo on Twitter!
(Photos via Getty)
Still haven't taken up that new creative skills you swore you'd learn this year? Or ready to take your design skills to the next level? Let's say so long to the weirdest year ever by checking those big learn-something-new goals off our perpetual to-do lists.
We've teamed up with Clorox to give you the gift of unlimited creativity now through the end of the year. Once you sign up, you can take as many of our 120+ classes as you want for FREE for one whole month!
Here's how it works:
- Head to brit.co/learn and sign up for the "All Access Pass."
- Use the code "CLOROXCARES" at checkout to redeem your free month of classes.
- You will be automagically signed up for Clorox's email list once you redeem your free all access pass. (It's the #1 Choice for Disinfection!)
- Your pass lasts one month from when you checkout. This means you have unlimited access to all the classes during that month.
This offer is valid now through December 27, 2020.
Browse our catalog to find the right class for you, tell a friend and take the class together over Zoom, or organize a 'cocktails + crafts' night with a friend in your bubble so you can learn something new together.
What are you waiting for? Time to start learning all the things!
Thanks to Clorox for making this happen! When it counts, trust Clorox.