This Is What You Can Expect from Kristin Cavallari’s Upcoming Cookbook
From Gwyneth Paltrow and Chrissy Teigen to Lauren Conrad, there’s no shortage of celebrities we’re cooking with right now, thanks to a recent surge of cookbook releases from what seems like just about everyone in Hollywood.
Following in the footsteps of her former castmate LC, the reality star-turned businesswoman-turned author (she’s also penned her own bestselling self-help book, Balancing in Heels: My Journey to Health, Happiness, and Making It All Work ($16)), was more than happy to chat about her upcoming project.
“I”ve actually been working on it for the last couple years with the hopes that I would have a cookbook deal,” she told E!.
While we won’t see the book come to fruition for quite some time (it’s set for a release date of spring 2018), she’s already “dished up” plenty of deets. “It’s gonna be a reflection of how I eat on a daily basis,” she said. “I think with everything in your life, diet is all about balance. I eat healthy 80% of the time and the other 20% I indulge, I enjoy it, I have fun eating whatever I want.”
So what exactly does that entail? For this mother of three, it’s all about using top-notch ingredients, such as pure maple syrup for desserts (which she says there will be plenty of).
There will also be plenty of fare for the nutrition conscious, as well as for restricted diets — Kristin says her dishes have limited dairy and are almost all gluten-free: “It’s a lot of proteins, it’s a lot of veggies, a lot of beans and those kind of sides,” she says. And for a treat? “There’s butter,” she says. “Real butter!”
We can’t wait to get our hands on a copy, but in the meantime, we’ll continue following along on her cooking adventures via Instagram.
Are you excited to cook with Kristin? Share with us over @BritandCo!
(h/t E!, photos via Robert Merchant + Iyla S. Savenok/Getty)
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)