Get a Sneak Preview of Chrissy Teigen’s New Cookbook
In case you didn’t have enough to adore about swimsuit model Chrissy Teigen, we’re going to add a little fuel to the fire of reasons she rocks. Not only is she a grade-A foodie and married to John Legend, but she’s also a trained chef and coming out with her very own cookbook. We wanted a look inside it and went to a place we could get a VIP preview of it — her Instagram feed. Full of delicious dishes, some simple recipes of her own and the occasional hilarious comment about a failed cooking experiment, scroll through some of our favorite dishes that we hope make it to the pages of her cookbook.
1. Spaghetti Squash With Turkey Bolognese: Have you guys tried using vegetables in place of pasta yet? Even if you aren’t going gluten-free, veggie noodles are a great way to get some extra vitamins and flavor in your comfort food this winter.
2. Open Faced Sandwich: Top toast with avocado, red onion, tomatoes and prosciutto for a super healthy and tasty snack. The avocado is packed with protein, making this a great pre- or post-workout snack.
3. Thai Tom Yum Soup: Chrissy believes that the difference between good tom yum and great tom yum is frying the oyster shells in a bit of oil, pouring in chicken or vegetable broth to simmer, then straining and chucking the shells.
7. Homemade Ravioli: The secret to these ricotta, bacon and spinach stuffed ravioli is a sage brown butter sauce with added spinach… so we can pretend we’re eating healthy green things.
8. Pork Spring Rolls: Looking very zen, Chrissy shows us how to properly wrap up the prettiest little spring rolls you ever did see.
9. Bechamel Sauce: In case you didn’t know, bechamel sauce is a creamy, buttery sauce that is heaven on all kinds of things from eggs Benedict to lasagna. Chrissy loves it so much, she would consider it for a future baby name.
10. Chipotle Chicken: To balance out the spicy chicken, Chrissy makes a tasty mango salsa. Just chop up mango, avocado and cilantro and add in salt and pepper, olive oil and lemon for a tangy and healthy dinner.
11. Protein-Packed Salad: Even though Chrissy calls this “rabbit food,” we think her salad looks pretty delicious. Here, she adds extra protein with tuna mixed with red onions and Dijon over spinach, tomato and avocado with lemon-garlic vinaigrette.
12. Chicken Soup: Somehow Chrissy makes even the most basic comfort food look glamorous.
14. Tomato Basil Soup: Capture the flavors of summer with a bowl of this light and savory soup.
15. Pound Cake: It’s nice to see even someone as perfect as Chrissy can have one of “those” days in the kitchen.
Are you inspired by Chrissy Teigen’s effortless home cooking? Talk to us in the comments below!