There are celebrities out there that are far more than just a pretty face, a skilled musician or a gifted actress. They also really, really, really love to eat, to cook and apparently also wax poetic about food. These celebs are SO into that love that they’ve taken their passion from the kitchen to the bookshelf. These 10 bold-faced names — from Ayesha Curry to Mayim Bialik — have released some beautiful and mouth-watering cookbooks that’ll give you new inspo on everything from vegan dishes to new family favorites.
1. The Seasoned Life: Food, Family, Faith, and the Joy of Eating Well by Ayesha Curry ($16): Mom, entrepreneur and wife of NBA star Steph Curry, Ayesha Curry is also a HUGE foodie. On top of sharing her recipes in this book (out on Sept. 20) and on her site, she’s also part of the pop-up restaurant International Smoke, AND has a new food delivery service about to debut called Gather. Yup, she’s one busy (and apparently hungry) mama.
Recipe Highlights: Cast Iron Biscuits, Smoked Salmon Scramble, Homemade Granola, Mom’s Chicken Soup and Stephen’s 5 Ingredient Pasta.
2. The Stash Plan: Your 21-Day Guide to Shed Weight, Feel Great, and Take Charge of Your Health by Laura Prepon and Elizabeth Troy ($16): The Orange Is the New Black star wants to share with the world her tips for better living and does it in her new book, The Stash Plan. It blends the “latest in food science with ancient dietary wisdom, to shed stubborn weight for good and achieve overall wellness.” Sweet, we love us some wellness (and some Alex Vause).
Recipe Highlights: Gluten-Free Almond Bread, Turmeric Turkey and Garlic-Roasted Beets
3. Cravings: Recipes for All the Food You Want to Eat by Chrissy Teigen ($18): We are LOVING Chrissy Teigen’s bestseller inspired by her food blog So Delushious. With her steaming hot pics, her wicked sense of humor and her awesome boo, she has gotten many a reader in the kitchen to make one of her yummy dishes from her eclectic collection of recipes.
Recipes Highlights: Zucchini “Lasagna” Bolognese, Jok Moo (Thai pork and rice porridge) and Super Tuna Melts.
4. The Blue Bloods Cookbook: 120 Recipes That Will Bring Your Family to the Table by Bridget Moynihan ($15): If you’re looking for Irish/Italian comfort food, then the star of Blue Bloods has just the thing for ya. This collection features all sorts of classics that are totally perfect for Sunday supper.
Recipes Highlights: Clam Chowder, Arthur Avenue Spaghetti and Meatballs, Chicken Francese and Cheesecake with NYPD Blue Topping
5. It’s All Easy: Delicious Weekday Recipes for the Super-Busy Home Cook by Gwyneth Paltrow ($21): Yeah, we all know Gwyneth is alllll about the food (particularly the healthy variety), but a list of celeb cookbooks wouldn’t be the same without her. Her newest is a tome that’s full of 125 of her fave recipes that are, as the title implies, easy peasy. Plus, they all have little or no sugar, fat or gluten.
Recipes Highlights: Thai-Style Crab Cakes, Cauliflower and Kimchi Fried Rice and Tikka Masala Roast Chicken.
6. My Life on a Plate: Recipes from Around the World by Kelis ($16): After years on the road, trying all sorts of cuisine (and being raised by a mom who was a chef), the “Milkshake” singer put together her aptly named cookbook, My Life on a Plate. Her contribution to the celeb cookbook world features a mix of dishes from her Puerto Rican heritage and tastes discovered on her travels.
Recipes Highlights: Pernil (Puerto Rican Pork Shoulder), Arroz con Gandules, Malay Curry Chicken and Swedish Meatballs.
7. Back to the Kitchen: 75 Delicious, Real Recipes (& True Stories) from a Food-Obsessed Actor by Freddie Prinze Jr. ($16.56): He’s not just a dad, an actor in films like Scooby Doo and She’s All That and part of a super adorable power couple (Buffy 4ever!), Freddie Prinze Jr. is also totally killin’ it in the kitchen.
Recipe Highlights: New Mex Carne Asada Tacos, Shrimp Scampi and Parker Posey’s Pancakes.
8. Mayim’s Vegan Table: More Than 100 Great-Tasting and Healthy Recipes from My Family to Yours by Mayim Bialik ($15): Life isn’t all about Big Bang Theory for Mayim Bialik. The hands-on mom also keeps busy in the kitchen and shares how she feeds her family inexpensive, fuss-free and vegan dishes in her book . Every recipe is plant-based, and she even teamed up with pediatrician Jay Gordon to make sure the choices were kid friendly.
Recipe Highlights: Cheese Melt (with non-dairy cheese), Zucchini Pie and Chickpea Burgers.
9. Ziggy Marley and Family Cookbook: Delicious Meals Made With Whole, Organic Ingredients from the Marley Kitchen by Ziggy Marley ($19): This October, Ziggy Marley (musician, actor and humanitarian and founder of Ziggy Marley Organics) will be adding cookbook author to his list of accomplishments. His book features 54 recipes inspired by Ziggy’s youth, with a mix of traditional Jamaican food and the more natural and healthy “ital” foods from his family’s Rastafari culture.
Recipe Highlights: We can’t wait to find out!
10. somethingtofoodabout: Exploring Creativity With America’s Most Innovative Chefs by Questlove ($20.05): This latest from Tonight Show and Roots drummer Questlove isn’t actually a cookbook — rather, it’s a tribute to delicious food and to those who make it. In the book, chefs chat about their cooking processes, how food helps shape how they see the world and what it teaches about the world.
Recipe Highlights: None. There aren’t any recipes of how-to, but there will be plenty of inspiration!
Which cookbook would you be most likely to try? Tweet us @BritandCo and let us know.
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.