15 HIIT Workouts for a Toned Body
Summer and bikini season have come to a close, but that doesn’t mean we stop exercising! Whether it’s an hourlong Pilates sesh or a 10 minute workout, moving our bodies keeps us healthy and happy. One of our favorite ways to sweat is a HIIT workout. HIIT, high intensity interval training, torches major calories, keeps your heart pumping and works your body hard. It’s not as scary as it sounds! Check out these 15 HIIT routines that’ll have you feeling great and looking hot.
1. Three Steps to Properly Prepare for HIIT: If you’re a newbie to HIIT, read these three important tips on diet, type of exercise and format before you get started. As with any form of exercise, it’s best to know what works for you. (via Mod Vive)
2. Beginner, Intermediate and Advanced HIIT Workouts: Whether you’re just starting out or you’re a HIIT pro, these different levels cater to everyone and offer modifications to help you get the most out of your workout. (via Skinny Mom)
3. Three Fat-Blasting HIIT Workouts: Want to burn fat even after you’re done? Daily Burn trainers created treadmill, indoor and outdoor HIIT workouts to increase your metabolism and burn fat after your exercise is over. (via Daily Burn)
5. HIIT Workout for Fat Loss: If you want to switch up your routine, look into this list of calorie-burning exercises, 20-minute fat-loss workout video included. Jump outside your comfort zone and incorporate these new moves. (via River Tea)
6. HIIT Fat Burning Workouts: Who doesn’t want firm thighs and a strong core? This site not only features a weight loss guide, but also five different ways to practice HIIT. From burpees to the elliptical, these intervals will challenge you to work your hardest. (via Yowza Fitness)
7. Five High-Intensity Total Body Workouts: When in a rush, it’s easy to brush off the gym. Who has time for that? Well, you do! These five moves, including star jumps and mountain climbers, can be done at home and work your entire body. (via Lucille Roberts)
8. HIIT Workout: Fair warning, you’ll have to give 110 percent in this workout, and your body will thank you. Intervals of sit ups, lunges and dips will get that heart rate up and make you sweat like no other. (via Kaylee Thomas-Robinson)
9. 22-Minute Cardio HIIT Workout Challenge: Can you HIIT like a girl? Test out this Fitness Blender video that works your body through moves like high knees and hop kicks, with seven second rest breaks. (via Fitness Blender)
10. Five Awesome HIIT Workouts to Make Your Heart Happy: Our hearts are happy when we’re healthy and active. Keep that pumper happy by picking and choosing among these five workouts that tackle everything from tuck jumps to air squats. (via Girls Gone Sporty)
11. 20-Minute HIIT Workout: Turn that TV off, put down the remote and do this quick 20-minute workout instead. It focuses on your lower body, so you know your legs are going to glow afterward. (via Bender Fitness)
12. 12-Minute HIIT No Equipment Workout: Be your own trainer with this exercise! Choose one move from four different groups, like upper body and core, and hit each one for a total of 12 minutes. Your friends will start asking who your trainer is ;) (via POPSUGAR)
14. 10-Minute HIIT Workout: Can’t fork over the money for a top-notch celebrity trainer? You don’t need to. Celebrity trainer Astrid McGuire takes you through this intense sweat session for free. (via PopSugar)
15. 20-Minute HIIT Workout: If this was easy, it wouldn’t be transforming your body. So get ready to work. 50 seconds of different moves, 10 second rests and two repetitions will make you sweat happy. (via Jenn-Fit)
What HIIT workouts do you love? Share your routines with us below!