Cheese balls have been a holiday party staple since your grandma used to make them covered in dried beef *shudder.* Thankfully, they’ve come a long way since then, and these days, cheese balls run the flavor gamut from bacon ranch to red velvet and everything in between. Sweet dip recipes have been making a comeback lately (hello, Dunkaroo dip!) and thus leading the way for dessert cheese balls to make their way onto the scene too. Keep reading to discover 17 dessert cheese balls that will be the talk of ALL of your holiday parties.
1. Blueberry Pie Cheese Ball: Blueberry pie filling and cream cheese are combined with a graham cracker coating to make this cheese ball taste *just* like a slice of cheesecake. Plus, the sweetness is mild enough that you could have it for dessert or an appetizer. (via Mom on Timeout)
3. Cannoli Cheese Ball: As delicious as they are, cannolis are kind of a pain to make. You can get the same flavors of the classic Italian dessert in way less time by making this equally tasty cheese ball. (via Taste and Tell)
4. Carrot Cake Cheese Ball: Seriously, how cute is this carrot? The inside tastes like a cinnamon-spiced carrot cake and the outside is decorated in coconut flakes, pecans and shredded carrot. Make sure you get carrots with the greens still attached so you can use them to accessorize your masterpiece. (via EatingWell)
5. Cherry Chocolate Chip Cheese Ball: Cherry cordials are a classic holiday candy that somehow *always* makes its way into your stocking. Keep the tradition alive with this chocolate cherry cheese ball that’ll be a family staple for years to come. (via Shugary Sweets)
7. Cookies and Cream Cheese Ball: Get ready for the big game with a little football-shaped cookies and cream action. It’s safe to say that this cheese ball will be a massive touchdown at your tailgate. (via Shugary Sweets)
8. White Chocolate Cheese Ball: This mildly flavored white chocolate cheese ball is great alongside a spread of other appetizers. Serve with a variety of fruits and crackers to keep it simple. (via Diethood)
9. Brownie Batter Cheesecake Ball: Why should you slave over the oven baking an intricate dessert when you could quickly whip up an indulgent cheese ball that’s just as delicious? This one tastes like fudgy brownie batter, with a mini chocolate chip surprise in every scoop. (via Chelsea’s Messy Apron)
10. Fluffernutter Cheese Ball: Not sure what fluffernutter is? It’s a vintage sandwich made with marshmallow fluff and peanut butter, and it’s the delicious inspiration for this wacky dessert. (via Whats Cooking Love?)
11. Peanut Butter Cheese Ball: Chocolate and peanut butter are the Laverne and Shirley of the dessert world. They’re paired together in this cheese ball, and it tastes *just* like your favorite candy cups (you know which ones we mean!). (via Like Mother, Like Daughter)
12. Pumpkin Toffee Cheesecake Ball: Whoever said you have to wait until after dinner to eat dessert has too many rules, and you don’t need that kind of negativity in your life. Gobble up this pumpkin toffee concoction pre-turkey — no regrets. (via Chelsea’s Messy Apron)
14. S’more Cheese Ball: Bonfires are great, but singed eyebrows are not. Play it safe by snacking on this s’more cheese ball that has everything your favorite campsite snack offers. (via Chef in Training)
15. Sweet Snickers Cheese Ball: Any dish that has peanut butter and fun-size candy bars as the main ingredients is a win every time. If Snickers aren’t your favorite, feel free to use whatever candy you like. (via WonkyWonderful)
16. Strawberry Cheesecake Ball: Strawberry cream cheese is readily available at any supermarket, and it’ll take your dessert cheese ball to the next level. Plate it with fresh strawberries and vanilla cookies for scooping. (via Real Housemoms)
17. Turtle Cheese Ball: Caramel, pecans and chocolate chips flavor this sugary ball of cream cheese. Serve with apples, animal crackers and pretzels for a sweet and salty contrast. (via Shugary Sweets)
Follow us on Pinterest for more easy holiday dessert recipe ideas.