How To Add Fringe to Your Jacket
Get ready to add some texture to your life in the form of fringe! You’ll want to get ahead of this 2018 trend, and we’ve got the perfect place to start! This DIY project is totally approachable for the non-sewers who just want to get in on the fringe action.
- a jacket to deck out
- 2 yards of fringe
- 2 yards of trim
- Fabric scissors
- Fabric glue
- Start by laying out your jacket. Next, lay your fringe across the back seam to measure, then cut.
- Attach the fringe using a steady bead of fabric glue. (this takes a little time to dry, I recommend waiting before adding more layers)
- Once the fringe has dried and is adhered to your jacket, you can repeat the steps above with the trim layer.
- Now the sleeves! Add some fringe down the sleeves, and around the cuffs of the jacket.
- Once the fringe has dried, attach the trim around the cuffs as well.
You’re all set. You’ve got a jacket that is one of a kind and totally on trend for 2018! We love to see what you guys create, let us know if you try out this look.
Whether you want to tap into some holiday nostalgia, or find a fun DIY to do with your kiddos, this simple snow globe craft offers both! Together with Camp by Walmart, we built a customizable crafting journey so you can execute this decor upgrade based on your style preferences and the supplies you have around the house. For this project, you'll need to decide if you want your snow globe to be inside of a mason jar or glass orb, what type of snow you want (hello, glitter!), and what holiday scene should go inside. With 16 possible outcomes, we can't wait to see what you come up with. Check it out by watching the winter wonderland snow globe tutorial now!