Sunglasses and straw totes don’t deserve all the attention when it comes to standout summer accessories. No, sandals, we’re not talking about you. Toe rings, definitely not you either. Summer hats — this one’s for you. Crown your warm weather wardrobe this season with a fab accessory that will leave your maxi dress in the shadows. In a good way. Perfect for all those warm weather parties and getaways you’ll be taking off to, these 10 fun hats are versatile enough to wear to any summer shindig. And the best part is you can make them all yourself! We’ll take our hats off (we had to… ;) to that!
1. Polka Dot Hat: Turn your traditional floppy hat into a classy number! With a foam pouncer and the color of your choice, you’ll be making a statement in no time. (via Sugar + Cloth)
2. Embroidered Fedora: Give your fedora a personal touch with some stitching! Choose your design and have at it. Sewing experience not required. (via Hi Sugarplum!)
3. Pom Hat: Add some flare to your straw hat! A simple strand of pom poms or fringe will totally revamp that big accessory that’s been collecting dust in your closet. (via Stephanie Sterjovski)
4. Party Hat: Be the life of the party with this colorful look! Your Instagram feed will never know what hit it! (via A Subtle Revelry)
5. Gold-Trimmed Hat: Brighten up your weekend with this gold-trimmed sun hat! All you need to achieve this gilded look is painter’s tape, foil and gold spray paint. (via While Camden Sleeps)
6. Bedazzled Cap: Turn your plain Jane baseball cap into a serious fashion statement with some super glue and gems of your choice. (via Refinery29)
7. Ombre Hat: Dye your sun hat for an easy ombre look! This tutorial will transform your one-in-a-million monotone hat into a summery one-of-a-kind! (via Go Make Me)
8. Sprinkles Hat: Add some flavor to your wardrobe with sprinkles! This happy donut-inspired hat will leave you feeling upbeat (and maybe a little hungry) all day! (via Studio DIY)
9. Flower Cap: Bring something extra to the table with this look. Your favorite fabric will be the new star of your go-to trucker hat. (via See Kate Sew)
10. Striped Summer Hat: Add some stripes to your life. This tutorial is easy and totally customizable to your favorite stripe color combo! (via What I Wore)
Are you a summer hat lover? Which of these looks will you try next? Tell us in the comments below!