There’s no denying that adulting is hard. But, thankfully, there are *way* more enjoyable aspects of being a grown up than difficult ones. Having your pick of any booze, decking out a cool apartment, and hosting brunch for your friends only begins to scratch the surface of the perks. If you’re planning your very first weekend brunch, don’t let the pressure get to you. With just 10 simple tips and tricks, you can host the most memorable party ever and do it all with a stress-free zen attitude. Now, get that to-do list ready and jot down these priceless ideas.
1. Brit + Co for Cheeky Multicolor Confetti Paper Plates ($4): Imagine the dread of doing all of your dishes while everyone else is sipping on their mimosas (*shudder*). Disposable plates and cutlery will be your new best friend — guaranteed.
2. DIY Mimosa Bar: Speaking of mimosas, you can’t host brunch without them. Instead of playing bartender all morning, set up a bar where your guests can mix and match different juices, Champagne, and garnishes. (via Brit + Co)
3. Homemade Bloody Mary Mix With Turmeric and Black Pepper: Pre-made Bloody Mary mix is all well and good, but mixing your own will add a signature touch that everyone will remember. It takes just minutes to put together, and you can easily do it days in advance to save precious time. (via Hello Glow)
4. Easy Make-Ahead Breakfast Casserole: As for the menu, you’ll want a nice mix of sweet and savory dishes. Aside from proteins like bacon and sausage, pretty much everything can be made the day before with a little finesse. Opt for a couple of hearty breakfast casseroles like this one that is full of veggies, eggs, and bread. (via Sallys Baking Addiction)
5. Printable Menu: When you’re hosting brunch, you’ll be the point of contact for questions about each dish. To avoid having to repeat yourself over and over, download a fun printable menu with details on all of the food. This way, you can note any allergens or dishes catered to a certain diet. (via On Sutton Place)
6. Brit + Co for Cheeky Multicolor Confetti Paper To-Go Hot Cup Kit ($4): There’s no way you have enough mugs for everyone’s hot tea. These disposable mugs will keep your guests’ drinks warm, and they can take it with them when they leave!
7. Honey Lime Rainbow Fruit Salad: A giant fruit salad is a necessity for your brunch buffet. To save yourself an hour of cleaning and chopping, splurge on a pre-made bowl of fruit from the produce section. Whip up an easy honey-lime dressing to toss it all in, and no one will be the wiser. We promise. (via Cooking Classy)
8. Overnight Cinnamon Apple Baked French Toast Casserole: The more dishes you can avoid cooking the day of, the more stress-free your morning will be. For a sweet take, try out this comforting French toast casserole with cinnamon apples. (via Life Love and Sugar)
9. Perfect Homemade Iced Coffee: Just as you don’t want to play bartender at brunch, you also don’t want to be a barista. Whip up one huge batch of cold brew coffee and allow your party goers to choose from a variety of flavored syrups and milk to customize their coffee. (via With Salt and Wit)
Follow us on Pinterest for more easy brunch ideas.
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.