7 #OOTDs of the Week: 7 Stylish Ways to Wear Red, White + Blue
Barbecues, backyard bashes and a good old fireworks display are kind of a given when July 4th rolls around, but choosing the ultimate Independence Day ensemble might be a little less obvious. We love ourselves a little red, white and blue, but putting together a look that is chic rather than cheesy can sometimes be a challenge. Luckily, there are plenty of sources of outfit inspo out there, so we’ve rounded up some incredibly on-point #OOTDs that’ll help you step out in style this Fourth of July.
1. @brigetteee: Two words: nailed it. This outfit is off the hook and totally unexpected for a July 4th celebration. Denim cutoffs are crazy appropriate for any summer bash, but it’s all those sleek tailored pieces and the ladylike lace topper that give the look a majorly polished edge. (via @brigetteee)
2. @raspberrynrouge: Rock those red, white and blue stripes with a side of ’70s flair. Pair up a top in a throwback silhouette with a pinafore style dress for a no-fuss, on-trend getup. Shimmery accessories and flatforms are a must. (via @raspberrynrouge)
3. @fisayolonge: We’re all about Fisayo’s mix of menswear-inspired staples, laid-back separates and flirty, feminine pieces. The outfit essentially incorporates two looks into one, with the base layer feeling fresh and modern, while the denim jacket and red bag introducing a subtle festive vibe. (via @fisayolonge)
4. @asos_megan: Celebrate the nation’s b-day with a little double denim action and a pair of killer chunky heels. Patent shoes and a pencil skirt infuse the outfit with plenty of polish, while a graphic tee, oversized jacket and ultra cool shades pack an edgy punch. (via @asos_megan)
5. @shecomesincolors: Take the boho route for that backyard barbecue bash with a wrap skirt, flowy crop top and your fave denim jacket. Pair the ensemble up with gladiators or platform sandals for an of-the-moment, festival-inspired finish. (via @shecomesincolors)
6. @elvira_abasova: Minimalist ladies, this one’s for you. Go for a monochromatic getup with pops of bold red and blue in the form of attention-grabbing accessories and statement-making prints. Just make sure to have a Tide to Go pen on hand! (via @elvira_abasova)
What Insta style stars do you follow? Do you do an #ootd on the regular? Tell us in the comments below, and be sure to tag your pics with @britandco for a chance to be featured in next week’s post.