The Grown-Up Grilled Cheese: 20 Ways to Grow Old With The One You Love
Maybe you’ve outgrown the grilled-American-cheese-on-Wonder-Bread of your childhood, but that’s no reason to call it quits on your old lunchtime friend — the peerless, the inimitable, the sandwichchampion-of-the-world, the grilled cheese. Bread preferences and sandwich perspectives may change, but melted cheese is forever.
1. Persimmon Grilled Cheese with Goat Cheddar and Prosciutto: Lunch. Capital L. (via A Girl Defloured)
2. Brussels Sprout and Garlic Grilled Cheese: Our favorite way to go green. (via Now Stir It Up)
4. Fontina + Blackberry Basil Smash Grilled Cheese: The cheese. It speaks to me. (via How Sweet It Is)
6. Crispy Zucchini Grilled Cheese with Dijon Horseradish Aioli: Put some fried stuff inside your grilled cheese. (via How Sweet It Is)
8. Fontina Grilled Cheese with Braised Short Ribs and Brandied Fig Jam: Can’t stop. Won’t stop. (via Yes to Yolks)
16. Grilled Cheese with Fig Preserve, Apple and Pumpkin Seeds: Keeping it classy. (via Flourishing Foodie)
20. Roasted Mushroom Grilled Cheese with Cheddar and Chèvre: Get it. (via The Roaming Kitchen)
What grills your cheese? Veggies? Sauces? All the cheese? Talk to us in the comments or say hi on Twitter.