These Low-Cal Avocado Margaritas Will Keep You in Ketosis
- 6 ounces reposado tequila
- 3 ounces freshly squeezed lime juice, peels reserved
- 3 ounces Lakanto monkfruit sugar, plus more as needed
- 1/2 avocado, pit and skin removed
- kosher salt
- 1-2 oranges, zested
- cilantro and lime wedges, to garnish
In a blender, combine tequila, lime juice, monkfruit sugar (3 ounces is 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons), and avocado. Blend until avocado is puréed. Taste and add more monkfruit sugar if needed.
Combine salt and orange zest onto a plate.
Use rind of lime to wet the rim of the glasses. For an artistic look, only wet half of the glass. Dip the wet portion of the rim into the orange zest-salt mixture.
Fill glasses with ice, then pour in cocktail. Garnish with cilantro and lime wedges.
(Recipe by Anna Monette Roberts / Brit + Co; styling by Alonna Morrison / Brit + Co; photos via Brittany Griffin / Brit + Co)