25 Knitted Decor Ideas for Your Soon-To-Be Snuggly Home
Lovers of hot cocoa, fireside-Saturday-morning-rocking-chair time, and snuggly reading nooks in the attic are in their element. Why? Because knit home decor is trending right now. And there’s probably no easier way to take your home from scary sterile to super cozy than with a big fat knit element. And looky here. Just for you, we’ve gathered up a few points of snug-as-a-bug inspiration. (See also: 15 Yarn Bombs!)
2. Chunky Knit Leg Warmers ($15): Cue Flashdance and start knitting away. This is a DIY project for a girl who knows how to work the needles, both the knitting kind and the record-player kind.
8. Lazy Lounger: This is a lounger straight out of a country that knows a little something about style, France. If we didn’t know better, we’d think it was part of the Anthropologie furniture collection. (via Design Vox)
11. Ribbed Tea Cozy ($7): You absolutely need to make this for your little teapot, short and stout.
12. Cable Rug ($1,600): Personal anecdote: In general, I’m pretty cheap, but I’ve owned this rug for five years now, and I still am amazed by how it feels every time I step on it. If you save your pennies, it’s worth the splurge. Cross my heart. (via Hey Pretty Things)
13. Chandelier: We love the idea of adding a few simple knit elements to a flea-market find, especially something as epic as a chandelier. This really does deserve to be the center of the room and the center of attention. (via Suki Girl)
15. Dresser Pal: We can think of a million reasons why we want this. Keys are an obvious answer, but we’re thinking that people who live in the arctic tundra would love this as a place to store mittens and hats. Just grab, go, and hit that snow. (via Lutter Idyl)
17. Accent Chair ($500): Your poor neglected bedroom corner. It really could be the star of the room. All it needs is this incredible piece. You call it an accent chair. We call it installation art.
18. Wrapped Cord: Alright, you can’t afford that uberspendy chandelier that you’ve had your eye on for years. But the naked bulb hanging in your living room doesn’t have to lend an interrogation-room vibe to it. Wrap that cord in knitted color and make what seemed like a sad situation happy again (via Interiors Originals)
24. Knitted Portrait ($158): We are totally obsessed with this. So freaking adorable.
Found a needle in the haystack? Let us know where you’re digging up the best in knitted decor in the comments below!
Still haven't taken up that new creative skills you swore you'd learn this year? Or ready to take your design skills to the next level? Let's say so long to the weirdest year ever by checking those big learn-something-new goals off our perpetual to-do lists.
We've teamed up with Clorox to give you the gift of unlimited creativity now through the end of the year. Once you sign up, you can take as many of our 120+ classes as you want for FREE for one whole month!
Here's how it works:
- Head to brit.co/learn and sign up for the "All Access Pass."
- Use the code "CLOROXCARES" at checkout to redeem your free month of classes.
- You will be automagically signed up for Clorox's email list once you redeem your free all access pass. (It's the #1 Choice for Disinfection!)
- Your pass lasts one month from when you checkout. This means you have unlimited access to all the classes during that month.
This offer is valid now through December 27, 2020.
Browse our catalog to find the right class for you, tell a friend and take the class together over Zoom, or organize a 'cocktails + crafts' night with a friend in your bubble so you can learn something new together.
What are you waiting for? Time to start learning all the things!
Thanks to Clorox for making this happen! When it counts, trust Clorox.