The time has finally come — you’ve successfully completed your dream babymoon, done all the nesting you can muster and delivered your beautiful bundle of joy like a champ. The hard part is over, right? Not so fast. While you may have dreamed of effortlessly feeding your newborn in a glamorous new reformation breastfeeding dress, sometimes lactation isn’t as simple as you may think. Thankfully, if you’re having trouble breastfeeding, there are a host of different herbal solutions that can help increase your milk supply. Better yet, they can easily be mixed into desserts in the form of delectable lactation cookies. Breastmilk production is *definitely* a good excuse to eat more cookies (as if you needed one). Keep reading for 15 sweet and delicious lactation cookies that will help give you one less thing to worry about as a new mom.
For more recipes, check out the top lactation cookies on Pinterest!
1. Dairy-Free Lactation Cookies: Newborns tend to have a lot of acid reflux, which dairy can sometimes exacerbate. If you’re trying to steer clear for baby’s sake, these dairy-free cookies are the ones to reach for. Using coconut oil instead of butter keeps them moist with zero-added coconut flavor. (via Tastes Lovely)
2. Lactation Cookie Dough Bites: Who doesn’t love to eat a big scoop of cookie dough before the cookies even make it to the oven? These cookie dough bites are safe to eat raw, so you can reap their lactation benefits right away. (via Real Food RN)
3. Katrina’s No-Bake Lactation Cookies: These cookies can be spooned out onto a baking sheet for a more rustic cookie, or scooped into silicone muffin molds for a more uniform presentation. Whichever way you choose, they’ll be beyond delicious. (via The Herbal Healing Mama)
4. “Pump Up Your Milk” Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins: No matter what your flavor preferences are, there’s a lactation dessert for you. These muffins are for the PSL-obsessed mama who wants to get her pumpkin fix all year long. Too bad they don’t sell these at Starbucks. (via Love and Zest)
5. Salted Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies With Butterscotch: Foodie moms will rejoice over these unique gourmet lactation cookies. Even though their purpose is to help increase your milk production, that doesn’t mean that they have to be bland — and these cookies are anything but bland. (via The Baker Chic)
6. Homemade Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Lactation Cookies: Oats are a common addition to many classic dessert recipes, but they’re also a vital ingredient in most lactation cookies. While some lactation products are specific to health food stores, oats are available and affordable no matter what your budget is. (via Simplistically Living)
7. Healthy Homemade Lactation Cookies: If you’re looking for a super-healthy cookie, this recipe is for you. Everything from apple puree to organic eggs provides major nutrition for you and baby. Plus, they’re free of any added sugar. (via Lose Baby Weight)
8. Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Coconut Lactation Cookies: Sure, these cookies tick all of the typical lactation ingredient boxes, but they’re also full of additional health benefits. They’re high in fiber, B vitamins and Omega-3 fatty acids, which are crucial for healthy brain development in infants. (via Jessica Gavin)
9. Chocolate Almond No Bake Lactation Cookies: Chocolatey no-bake cookies that help with lactation AND are mood-boosting have to be too good to be true, right? Try these chocolate almond no-bakes and let the results speak for themselves. (via Small and Friendly)
10. Blueberry Oatmeal Lactation Muffins: Brewer’s yeast is a common ingredient known for increasing lactation. The only problem is that the taste can be somewhat difficult to mask. Thankfully, the tart blueberries in these muffins are flavorful enough that the tang of yeast is completely undetectable. (via Fab Haute Mama)
11. Baby Mama Postpartum/Lactation Cookie Bars: When taking the time to scoop a dozen or more cookies is just not an option, cookie bars are the way to go. This recipe makes 28 bars, but if you feel like that’s too many to eat in a timely fashion, you can easily freeze half of the dough for later. (via Mary Makes Good)
12. Apple Pie Lactation Muffins: Sometimes it’s nice to have a warm and comforting apple cinnamon muffin in the morning. These lactation muffins are perfect for a quick breakfast on the go and are just as tasty as they are healthy. (via Suburban Hippie Homestead)
13. The Best Lactation Cookies: Lactation cookies are absolutely fine for everyone to eat — breastfeeding or not. But these are SO delicious, you may want to tell everyone what they’re for in an attempt to deter them from eating all your cookies. Or just hide a stash all for yourself. (via How Sweet It Is)
14. Gluten-Free Lactation Cookies: The best gift you can give a new mom who’s struggling with breastfeeding is a warm batch of lactation cookies. Print out a recipe card to go along with the cookies so she can make them for herself or pass them on to another new mom down the road. (via Steel Cut Oats)
Follow us on Pinterest for more easy + delicious recipe ideas.