24 Last-Minute White Elephant Gift Ideas for Your Office Party
Whether you secretly dread it or are not-so-secretly looking forward to it, your office Christmas party is just around the corner. While mediocre baked goods and moderately priced booze are office party staples you would rather do without, there’s also the annual white elephant gift exchange, which is actually a total blast. If you’re stumped on gift ideas, we have a list that goes beyond the goofy novelty mugs that are standard (true, we included one on our list, but don’t worry — it’s a hoot).
Read on for our picks for what to get your boss, your over-achieving cubicle mate, and your pet-loving projects partner. You’ll be sure to find a hit of a gift with this guide, no matter how many swaps it might go through.
1. Smoko Unicorn USB Handwarmer ($35): Offices are often freezing — keep hands warm with some adorable unicorns.
2. Freeze Less Monday More Coffee Graphic Baseball T-Shirt ($13): Wear your beginning-of-the-week angst on your sleeve (literally).
3. Knock Knock “Blah” Edge Notebook ($12): Say what you’ve gotta say with this cheeky notebook, whether it’s important notes for a meeting, after-work grocery lists or, you know, blah, blah, blah.
4. Perpetual Kid Winking Heart Emoticon Paperweight ($13): Even if the stack of paper underneath keeps piling, this little guy will be smiling.
5. NPW Instant Weirdo Glasses ($13): Guarantee a conference room of laughs when you walk in wearing these jokers (just be careful that your boss isn’t sitting in the room too).
6. Accoutrements Lunch Disguise Sandwich Bags ($6): Thwart pesky snack stealers by disguising your sandwich. Be careful, though — if you use these bags, you might not recognize your own lunch.
7. DCI Grow a Yeti Kit ($7): You can watch this hairy friend grow in one work day. So quick, the office will think it’s a hoax!
8. Porcelain Dinosaur Planters ($40): A dinosaur roaming area for your desktop. Coworkers must approach cubicle with extreme caution.
9. Anthropologie Fuzzy Llama Pencil Pouch ($28): Here’s a fluffy desk buddy, because “Bring Your Pet to Work Day” isn’t every day… yet.
10. Big Mouth Toys “Decaf Is for Wimps” Mug ($11): Show your coffee love in a big way while also throwing shade at that decaf nonsense.
11. NPW Robottle Pencil Sharpener ($6): Attach this grinning do-dad to an old water bottle to collect pencil shavings. It’s an eco-friendly friend from the future.
12. ban.do Rough Draft Notebook ($16): Remind people just how busy you are with this bold notebook.
13. Harry Potter Marauder’s Map 11oz Morphing Mug ($20): This mug reveals the Marauder’s Map when hot liquid is added. Just like magic.
14. Uncommon Goods “Nailed it” Desk Organizer ($58): Watch your fingers with this literal and figurative office tool.
15. Zero Gravity Over It iPhone Case ($35): Let your phone case bust out the sass for you.
16. Leisure Arts Gel Pens ($5): Gel pens were a middle school pencil case must-have; now they’re a noteworthy staple for your cubicle.
17. Creative Motion Industries Cactus Neon Table Lamp ($50): Here’s one desk plant that you can’t kill.
18. NPW Unicorn Gold Tape Dispenser ($18): Brighten up a droll desk with this shiny dispenser that comes with rainbow tape (you can even make your own double rainbow!).
19. TrueZoo Shark Tanked Bottle Opener ($9): When you’re ready to pop some beer bottles at the end of the work day, do it with these jaws.
20. Knock Knock Honest Acronyms File Folders ($18, Set of 6): You keep it real. So should your file cabinet.
21. Accoutrements Pigeon Costume Mask ($30): Wearing this mask, be a party fowl.
22. OxGord Soft Plush Emoji Throw Pillow ($9+): Choose your favorite emoji and display it proudly on your office chair.
23. Buffalo Games Mini Pong Game ($40): Get ready for the a portable version of your favorite party game. Beer not included.
24. 6 Kikkerland Cat Animal Butt Magnets Fridge ($14+): We’re not kitten around — these magnets will make sure no memo is left behind.
What kind of loot are you going to contribute to your office white elephant exchange? Share your zaniest gift stories with us @BritandCo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.