Congrats! Mazel tov! And all that other good stuff. Whether you’ve been engaged for 6 months, 12 months, or 2 years, your day is finally almost here. You’ve seen all the checklists with the practical things you need to do (seating chart, menu selections, favors for guests), but what about those last minute things people always forget? We’ve partnered with Zazzle to put together 12 things to check off that pesky list of yours, from easy-to-order programs to a digital guestbook. Now, go get hitched!
1. Order Thank You Notes: Prepare to thank all of your friends and family! Not only are they making the trek to see you and your honey get hitched, but they will probably give you a gift or two. We’re big fans of these Chalkboard and Mason Jar Cards ($2.60 per card). The great thing about Zazzle is there’s a solid option for just about every style. If you want to use a photo from your wedding, we love this Slanted Wedding Postcard ($0.88 per card).
2. Prepare to Change Your Name: If you’re changing your name, prepare yourself for a pretty involved process. Fortunately, we happen to have created a guide for getting it done, from getting 6 marriage certificates to changing your name online. (photo via Estate Weddings & Events)
3. DIY Photo Booth + Backdrop: If you can’t spring for an official photo booth, why not make one yourself? Armed with a tripod, camera, and photo printer, you can totally do it up. The key? An awesomely creative photo backdrop, of course.
4. Change Your Registry Shipping Address: If you’re having a destination wedding or going on your honeymoon right after your wedding, don’t forget to change your registry shipping address so that all your gifts go somewhere that someone can receive them. Your office is probably not the best place, but your maid of honor’s apartment is :) (photo via Tin Cans Unlimited)
5. Stock Up On Games: We’re all about unconventional wedding entertainment, and who can argue with lawn games? For cocktail hour or your after party, set up a few sets of cornhole and create a bracket so people can bet on winners. (photo via Emmaline Bride)
6. Order Table Number Cards: Oh yeah, and table cards! Sure you’ve got your bridesmaid with the best handwriting writing up everyone’s personal escort card, but you’ve gotta label those tables too. Our favorite options on Zazzle? Obviously Eat, Drink, and Be Married ($0.88 per card)!
7. Make Backup Playlists + Save Offline: Whether you have a DJ, a band, or playlist you think will last the whole weekend, we’re telling you now: make backup playlists! No one wants to run out of music and hear that theoretical record scratching when everyone stops dancing. We recommend using Spotify to make your playlists and saving them for offline listening. This way you can have the same playlist on multiple devices, and can play from anywhere.
8. Wedding Party Gift Totes: Thanking the folks in your wedding party with a whole bunch of goodies? Then you’ll probably need a tote to put ’em in. Zazzle has tons of great options for pre-designed tote bags as well as custom ones. And you can totally get them within a month! Which do you like best? Team Bride ($17.95 per bag), Hipster Bunny ($17.95), Eat Drink and Be Married ($15.95), or Day of the Dead Bride and Groom ($15.95)? Tell us in the comments below.
9. Set Up a Digital Guestbook: One for the techie generation! Everything is online now, so create an online forum for your guests to post their love notes to you! You can also create a hashtag and use it on all existing social media platforms like Instagram, Facebook and Twitter allowing you to see your guests tweets, pics and updates while they were at your wedding. For more unusual guestbooks, head here.
10. Make a Whole Batch of Easy Paper Garlands: Need to drum up a whole bunch of decor in a flash? Each of these projects is easy and affordable to make, and with tools you probably have access to. On the left we have the paper garland, which literally takes 10 minutes to make. On the right, the slightly more involved paper pom poms – a great project for a bunch of bridesmaids to take on!
11. Create Custom Programs: Did you forget to include programs in your plan for wedding stationery? Don’t worry. You’re not alone. And luckily, Zazzle makes it ridiculously easy to create a program based on one of their many templates. We’re fans of the Chevron ($0.50 per card) and clearly have a thing for Chalkboard ($0.50 per card).
12. Get a Bridal Beauty Emergency Kit: You know what you’re gonna need in a pinch? No? Well, the folks at Pinch Provisions do, and we’re all over this Minimergency Kit for Brides ($16). Ready for what this kit includes: hairspray, clear nail polish, nail polish remover, emery board, earring backs, clear elastics, mending kit, safety pin, emergency tape, stain remover, deodorant towelette, pain reliever, tampon, breath freshener, dental floss, adhesive bandages, facial tissue, blotting tissues, bobby pins, antacid, and extra wedding bands. Whew!
What’s on your wedding to-do list? Talk to us in the comments below.