Sometimes we wonder what we did before Instagram. And while we definitely read up on trending home decor, drawing inspiration from a slew of leading home designers and creative geniuses has never been as easy or accessible thanks to our Insta-obsession. The platform has led us to color-loving design gurus, global trends courtesy of wanderlusting style-setters, and a clear answer on which is the indoor plant of the moment. So when we’re considering revamping a key aspect of our home, like the living room, Instagram is the first place we head for inspiration. Scroll down for nine gorgeous living rooms we’re loving right now.
1. Sage Statement Couch: This is the ultimate creative girl’s nook. Mixing playful accents with a polished loveseat (in one of spring’s chicest hues) strikes just the right balance. And pretty pastels and some cactus love make this a ladylike but laid-back space for great ideas to bloom.
2. Color, Pattern, and Texture: This beautiful room expertly mixes chic wallpaper, a pretty pink sofa, and a blend of textures like sisal, crochet, and marble. The result is a cool, Cali vibe that feels comfy and livable. Yes, please!
3. Scandi-Style Color Pop: This modern room is so on point for spring. It takes its cue from many of the season’s hottest trends like statement light fixtures, large-scale artwork, and 2018 Pantone hues, including Meadowlark and Blooming Dahlia.
4. Blue, Blush, and Pink: Gorgeous blush rug: Check. Brushed gold coffee table: Check. And THAT velvet couch? *Major swoon*. We’ve seen this living room in our dreams, but if you’re dying to make it a reality in your home, check out this DIY hack to transform a budget-friendly IKEA couch into an Anthropologie lookalike.
6. Mid-Century Meets Modern: The juxtaposition in this room is killer. Pretty pastels are offset by striking black and white accents. Modern geometric shapes are paired with a stylish mid-century cabinet. It all works to create a room layered with style and visual interest.
7. Oh Happy Decor: The bright yellow couch is a ray of sunshine in this upbeat rainbow of a room. It’s not a traditional living room (#sorrynotsorry, it was too pretty to pass up!), but the waiting room of Oh Happy Day‘s office has tons of inspo for your own home. We love everything about this craft-happy and creative space, what with all the pattern, color, and positivity on display!
8. Sunny Statement Art: This cozy Brooklyn apartment feels airy and welcoming, and ticks off so many of our top style trends, including a sunny yellow focal piece of art, a few must-haves from West Elm, and well-placed indoor plants.
9. Pattern Rules: Pattern, color, and quirky can all work together beautifully if you know how to create balance. This room shared by Homepolish is full of bold pieces executed elegantly in the home of one of our favorite design-savvy couples, Lauren Morelli and Samira Wiley.
Tag @BritandCo in your favorite living room #inspo from Instagram!