We’re craving an adventure. From following fearless women travelers on Instagram to drooling over pretty passport covers, we’re ready to start booking flights to our favorite destinations. Unfortunately, for some of us that vacation is a ways off. So in the meantime, why not bring the world to you with some stylish map art? From colorful, graphic street views to whimsical illustrations and a few DIY projects, these 17 pieces of map wall art will please even the most hardcore of world travelers.
1. Assorted Card Set ($16): These are technically notecards, but we love the idea of framing each one and making a mini grid or gallery wall.
2. London Map ($30): Hang this old-school (circa 1851) map of London for a gorgeous B&W art piece.
3. Gold Leaf Map Wall Art: Add gold leaf to a portion of a deconstructed map for a beautifully gilded piece. For the super ambitious world traveler, you could gold leaf every country you’ve visited. (via Sugar & Cloth)
4. Brooklyn ($14): Putting the New York block in a whole new light, this colorful map might help you figure out exactly where you are in the Big Apple.
6. Twin Peaks Map ($18): Whether you’re a fan of the show or just love the vintage look, this mountain map is a fun retro throwback.
7. Road Map Cork Board: Even though phones have taken over the map situation, there is something nostalgic about road maps. Draw out your favorite road trips with pins and thread with this recycled corkboard DIY. (via Design Sponge)
8. London Mosaic ($13): London looks good in varying shades of purple and pink, don’t you think?
10. Embroidered Map Artwork: Reminisce about a favorite road trip by embroidering the route onto a map and then framing it. Do this for every trip and you’ll have a whole gallery of getaways and family adventures. (via Martha Stewart)
13. Ireland ($17): Proudly display your family heritage with these colorful maps divided by county.
14. Heart Maps ($10): Pick up these vintage map hearts on Etsy, or try making your own with little pieces of meaningful places for you and your family.
16. Circle Maps ($24): Thoroughly researched by the artist, each map features favorite neighborhoods printed on sturdy craft paper.
17. World Map Print ($35): Show your love of maps and cursive with this aqua blue beauty.
What are your favorite ways to show off your world travels? Talk to us in the comments below!