Here’s What We Know About Meghan Markle’s New York City Baby Shower
Meghan Markle is around seven months pregnant and will soon give birth to her first child — but not before celebrating with friends. The Duchess of Sussex turned up in New York City this week to be feted at an intimate baby shower with some of her nearest and dearest. Here’s everything we know about the small, private party and her trip to New York.
1. She arrived just after Valentine’s Day. According to Harper’s Bazaar, Markle flew from London to New York on Friday, February 15, a few days ahead of the February 20 shower. She’s set to return to the UK this week, before she and Prince Harry travel to Morocco as part of their royal duties.
2. This is an unofficial visit. Unlike the upcoming trip to Morocco, Markle’s NYC getaway is for private and personal reasons. That means Kensington Palace hasn’t released any official photos of the visit and will not be commenting on the trip or the baby shower.
3. She got some quality bonding time with her BFF. Before attending her baby shower, Markle reportedly hit the town with her BFF, stylist Jessica Mulroney, whose twin sons famously acted as page boys at the royal wedding. According to Harper’s Bazaar, the ladies enjoyed macarons at Ladurée in New York’s SoHo neighborhood on Saturday, February 16.
4. The guest list is small. Royal reporter Omid Scobie reports that the shower will be attended by approximately 20 of Markle’s closest friends, including her former Suits costar Abigail Spencer, who was spotted outside a hotel on the Upper East Side with what appeared to be a baby gift. Serena Williams and Amal Clooney are also rumored to be among the guests, and Mulroney is believed to be responsible for coordinating the special event.
5. The shower is in Manhattan. The duchess was spotted outside the rumored location on February 19. She kept things chic but low-key in a vintage coat, black skinny jeans, nude Stuart Weitzman heels, Le Specs sunglasses, and a Carolina Herrera bag.
6. Prince Harry is keeping busy, too. While Markle was in New York, Prince Harry was serving lunch to kids on a visit to a “Fit and Fed” half-term initiative in Streatham. “Fit and Fed” aims to provide nutritious meals to students during school holidays.
7. The rumored party favors are amazing. According to People, more than a dozen Away suitcases were delivered to the hotel where the shower is taking place. Photographers also spotted a cotton candy machine being wheeled in.
(This post was corrected to note the correct date of the shower.)
If you were throwing a baby shower for Meghan Markle, what would you include? Let us know @BritandCo!
(Photo via Chris Jackson/Getty Images + Raymond Hall/GC Images)
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)