Morning Buzz! Kate Middleton Might Not Be a Bridesmaid in Sister Pippa’s Wedding + More
Happy Hump Day! Some sad but hopeful news from Lady Gaga’s love life and the hilarious side of a heatwave are two of today’s Buzziest news items. Check out the rest below.
1. Princess Kate might not actually be in sister Pippa’s wedding, causing us all to make the worried emoji face IRL. According to longtime Royals author Judy Wade, speaking to People, having Kate return the favor as maid of honor might steal the spotlight from the bride — something they do not want to do. “If your sister is a future Queen, she is going to upstage the bride and draw attention,” Judy says. “Kate would want to be in the background as much as possible.” It’s clear they have not even considered that they would be disappointing us greatly by making this decision. (Photo via Ian Gavan/Getty)
View this post on Instagram
Taylor and I have always believed we are soulmates. Just like all couples we have ups and downs, and we have been taking a break. We are both ambitious artists, hoping to work through long-distance and complicated schedules to continue the simple love we have always shared. Please root us on. We're just like everybody else and we really love each other.
A post shared by Lady Gaga (@ladygaga) on
2. The rumors have been confirmed by Gaga herself — her engagement to her longtime bf Taylor Kinney is off. “Taylor and I have always believed we are soulmates,” she started the Instagram caption on the black-and-white photo of them walking with their arms around each other. “Just like all couples we have ups and downs, and we have been taking a break.” Taylor proposed to Gaga on Valentine’s Day 2015 after five years together, but they’ve been stalling on wedding plans as of late. But there is hope — it doesn’t sound like it’s an entirely done deal just yet. “We are both ambitious artists, hoping to work through long-distance and complicated schedules to continue the simple love we have always shared,” she writes. “Please root us on. We’re just like everybody else and we really love each other.” We’ll be rooting for you, Gaga!
3. Sarah Hyland just got an amazing mid-summer hair makeover. The Modern Family star has slowly been transitioning back from her dark chocolate spring look back to a post-Dirty Dancingdeep red and back to a fresh bronde for Modern Family filming to resume. A few days ago she teased a bright red ‘do on Instagram, calling it “Ginger Spice,” but revealed in the latest snap that the fiery look was actually the in-between processing stage for the new blonde. YOU GOT US.
Now you can manually change the shape of your face on SNOW.Just watch the video.Download SNOW ▶ http://goo.gl/7geQZN
Posted by SNOW on Tuesday, July 12, 2016
4. Snapchat filter addicts might want to try this app. The best part of Snapchat is the selfie filters, obvs, but if you find yourself trying them all out as fast as they’re updated, you might want to try Snow, a Korean copycat app with infinite more options (like manually changing the shape of your face, as seen above). The Verge points out that Snows stories also last for 72 hours (as opposed to Snapchat’s 24), which may be a plus or a minus, depending on whether you’re trying to break the Internet or not.
— London's Buzz (@Londons_Buzz) July 20, 2016
5. Britain’s heatwave brought everyone together on the #toohottosleep hashtag, and it was amazing. On the hottest day of the year in a place not used to needing air conditioning, people took to Twitter to share their misery while trying to sleep comfortably, and all we can think reading the hashtag results is: SAME. Honestly, just take a look, and try not to LOL at your desk.
6. Quote of the day: “I dunno I’m drunk.” Just one of many TOO REAL moments on Chrissy Teigen’s timeline over the past two days as she answers fans’ questions about Hollywood, marriage, motherhood and more. This question was “How tense does it get at award shows when the host makes an ill-conceived joke about a celeb who’s in the audience?” NEVER CHANGE, CHRISSY.
What one question would you ask a celebrity about the real deal with Hollywood? Let us know over @BritandCo!
(Featured photo via Jason Merritt/Getty)
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)