Morning Buzz! Katy Perry Had the PERFECT Response to Calvin Harris’ Twitter Rant + More
Today’s Buzziest news stories include a subtweet for the ages, Pokemon because duh, and more. Check them out below!
1. Is this the most perfect subtweet of all time? After Calvin Harris’ Twitter meltdown about Taylor Swift’s team “trying to make him look bad,” Katy Perry jumped in to (sorta) respond to having her name dragged into it. Calvin referenced the rumored feud between Katy and Taylor, saying “I know you’re off tour and you need someone new to try and bury like Katy ETC but I’m not that guy, sorry.” A few hours later, Katy tweeted a GIF of Hillary Clinton looking shocked, then smugly satisfied, with a tight-lipped smile and shrug. She also retweeted a tweet of her own from May 2015 saying, “Time, the ultimate truth teller.” Wait, who’s being buried here?!
2. Tituss Burgess left a SCATHING Yelp review reminding everyone not to mess with someone so fabulous. After a text exchange with a New York moving company in which they tried to get Tituss to leave a Yelp review before they even showed up to move his couch, Tituss took to the internet to warn everyone away from Franks Express. “My name is Tituss Burgess. I’m an Emmy Nominated Actor for Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt currently streaming on Netflix. That’s besides the point. But watch it,” he wrote. “These guys are the absolute most UNPROFESSIONAL workers I have EVER DEALT WITH.” Franks Express claims he is targeting the wrong company, and Yelp is currently reviewing the shady claims about reviewing. One thing, in Tituss’ own words, is clear: “Poor thing doesn’t know hell hath no fury like a Tituss scorned.”
3. Lea Michele’s message to Cory Monteith on the anniversary of his death is truly heartbreaking. It’s been three years since Glee star Cory Monteith died of a drug overdose, and his costars took to social media to remember their friend and celebrate the too-short life he did live. His former girlfriend Lea Michele’s message was especially touching, tweeting a photo of Cory near the ocean and saying “Love and miss you Cory, everyday, but today a little more.”
4. Some of the world’s top athletes addressed Black Lives Matter and called for an end to gun violence to open the ESPYs. Last night’s award show honoring the best in sports in 2016 opened with the NBA’s Lebron James, Carmelo Anthony, Chris Paul and Dwayne Wade addressing the recent shootings of black people by white police officers, a stark opening to an otherwise light-hearted show. “The system is broken,” Carmelo said, and the four athletes went on to address violence and racial profiling. “We all have to do better,” said Lebron, making for a powerful call to action.
5. There are now Chrome extensions that will block the mention of Pokemon Go from your browser. This was only a matter of time, and that time? It came very quickly. Multiple developers have created extensions that, once installed in your Chrome browser, will create white or blacked-out spots where it once said Pokemon Go. Honestly, their loss, because we can’t get enough of all the memes. (h/t Mashable)
6. Quote of the day: “One More Time With Feeling.” A line often used by directors to actors and the words of Kristen Stewart’s delicate new tattoo, which she says often also applies to life. Love it!
What words would you get (or do you have) tattooed? Let us know over @BritandCo!
(Featured image via Jamie McCarthy/Getty)