Movie nights are like little black dresses — they’re always in style. Irene here, Creative Content Producer at Brit + Co. As a homebody, I always choose staying in over going out, and as a result, have hosted many successful movie nights.
Today, I’m super excited to team up with Talenti to share five must-haves for the perfect movie night. Be warned — once you’ve mastered the art of the movie night, you may never want to go out again!
1. A Simple Party Backdrop: Okay, so this first tip is actually not *crucial,* but creating backdrops is an easy party hack to elevate any gathering. Print out your favorite movie saying or quote in a very large font. Cut out the letters and stick on the wall. Done and done!
2. A Smorgasbord of Comfort Food: One of the best parts of staying in is ditching tight outfits for your stretchiest pants. Now that you’re out of your binding clothing, you have the freedom to munch on yummy bites, like confetti cupcakes and pigs in a blanket. No movie night is complete without gelato, and we’re serving Talenti Caramel Cookie Crunch Gelato, Peanut Butter Fudge Sorbetto, Caribbean Coconut Gelato, and Sea Salt Caramel Gelato.
3. The Perfect Sundae Station: While we’re on the subject of comfort food, make sure to include all the proper sundae fixings with your gelato. We’re talking caramel sauce, sour rainbow candy, hot fudge sauce, chocolate cookies, and sprinkles, sprinkles, sprinkles!
DIY Ombre Sundae Cups
Sundaes are only as good as the cups that hold them, right? That’s a bit of an exaggeration, but dressing up dessert cups are super easy and will bring every sundae to another level.
Tape the rims of the cups. Stuff the cups with scrap paper to keep the spray paint from getting inside. Holding the cans 10-12 inches away from the cups, spray patches with different colors.
When the cups are fully colored, “blend” patches together by lightly spraying color between the patches. For example, if you want to blend pink and orange patches together, lightly spray some pink between the patches to create a gradient effect. When the cups are dry, remove paper stuffing and tape.
4. Over-the-Top Popcorn: Movies and popcorn are soul mates, and you can’t throw a proper movie night without including this classic snack. We decided to make four popcorn recipes inspired by four of our favorite Talenti flavors.
Caribbean Coconut Popcorn
If you’ve had air-popped popcorn before, you know it’s a real game-changer. For a Caribbean Coconut-inspired popcorn, melt down some coconut oil in a large pot and add kernels. I normally just eye-ball the oil/kernel proportion, but make sure you have enough oil to evenly cover all the kernels. Cover the pot and wait for the kernels to pop. When the popping slows down to one “pop” per two seconds, remove the pot from heat and pour the corn in a bowl.
Add a few heaping spoonfuls of shredding coconut and some pinches of sea salt to the popcorn and toss. Add more salt if desired.
Caramel Cookie Crunch Popcorn
Like Talenti Caramel Cookie Crunch Gelato, this popcorn recipe is sweet and crunchy perfection. Generously drizzle caramel sauce and chocolate cookie crumbs over freshly air-popped popcorn. Toss until the sauce is evenly distributed. Pour the popcorn flat on a sheet of parchment paper so the popcorn doesn’t clump.
Peanut Butter Fudge Popcorn
Melt peanut butter in a microwave and drizzle generously over popcorn. Toss popcorn and then drizzle chocolate syrup. Toss lightly, and boom — you’ve got Peanut Butter Fudge-inspired popcorn!
Sea Salt Caramel Popcorn
Make Sea Salt Caramel popcorn by generously drizzling caramel sauce over popcorn and tossing to coat. Sprinkle sea salt and toss to combine. Add more salt if desired. Spread on a sheet of parchment paper so the popcorn doesn’t clump.
Print out this free popcorn holder printable to store your delicious creations. Label each container with a popcorn flavor and munch away!
5. Pile Up the Floor Cushions: Movie nights are all about being as comfy as possible. Stack your favorite floor cushions, pillows, and blankets for your friends to get cozy.
And there you have it! It’s time to party! And by that, I mean snuggle up and watch a movie, of course.
See you at the movies!
How are you throwing your next movie night? Share your photos on Instagram using #britstagram.
DIY Production and Styling: Irene Lee
Photography: Chris Andre
This post is a collaboration with Talenti.