Having your wedding on New Year’s Eve is a genius idea — guests usually have the next day off, they’re already in a celebratory mood and your wedding saves them from making plans at an overcrowded bar or restaurant. It’s a win-win situation for everyone, really. And since you and your guests are going to want to ring in the new year (and a new union!) with gusto and flair, here are 15 fun details and DIY wedding ideas to nail down before the vows are exchanged and the clock strikes midnight.
2. Pop, Fizz, Clink: Any NYE celebration is sure to include lots of bubbly. Take it a step further on your special day and add some edible gold to the rims of each champagne flute. Cheers! (Photo via Weddings by Christopher & Nancy)
4. Truvelle Sierra Dress ($1466): Ring in the new year in a dress with a bit of an edge. Mix traditional with fun and have your bridesmaids rock the metallics right along with you.
5. Tinsel Cake Toppers: Keep the celebration going all the way to the dessert table. No need to go all out with an elaborate cake design — just bring in a few simple metallic accents for an added pop. (via HEYLOOK)
6. Brighten the Tablescape: Metallics always look fabulous with light grays and pastels, but the addition of the dark blooms make it a home run for NYE — wintry with just the right amount of sparkle. (Photo via Modern Kids Co)
7. Glam Up the Desserts: Don’t forget about adding a little sparkle to the sugary goodness at the dessert table. These gold accented macarons are almost too pretty to eat. (Photo via Aaron Young Photography)
9. Gold Confetti Backdrop: A NYE bash deserves a totally photo-worthy backdrop. This geometric confetti installation adds just the right amount of texture and is sure to pop in those wedding pics! (Photo via Stephanie Collins)
12. Glam Up Your Girls: NYE is a time to go all out, and that totally applies to your wedding party. Dressing in metallics allows everyone to have a little fun with their own style, without worrying about being too matchy-matchy or clashing with anyone else. (Photo via Jose Villa)
14. RSVP for NYE: This epic party calls for an unforgettable invite. Gold ink calligraphy, black envelopes and an included sparkler? This couple knows how to plan a NYE wedding! (Photo via Apryl Ann Photography)
15. Disco Fever: Every wedding dance floor needs a disco ball, but a NYE wedding calls for something bigger and better to keep folks dancing until after the (disco) ball drops. (Photo via Marianne Wilson Photography)