The post-Easter sugar high may not exactly top your must-see list when it comes to your child’s finest moments. Those chocolate eggs, marshmallow chicks, and jelly beans may be holiday standards, but that doesn’t mean your kiddo’s Easter basket has to overflow with sugary fluff. Whether your littles start bouncing off the walls at the slightest hint of chocolate-covered sweetness, they have food allergies, or you just prefer a healthier alternative, check out these non-candy Easter basket extras!
1. Crayola Glitter Sidewalk Chalk ($9): Hey, it’s a special day, and that requires something that’s a bit out of the norm. Instead of regular ol’ pastel chalk, add some artsy awesomeness to your child’s sidewalk art with the glitter version.
2. LEGO Friends Bunny’s Hutch ($14): Celebrate the big bunny with this building set that’s perfect for older preschoolers (and a much smaller commitment than a live rabbit).
3. Apple Park Picnic Pal Organic Bunny Blankie ($26): It’s a stuffed plush toy and a cuddly blanket all in one. You can roll this bunny blanket up to stash it in an Easter basket, and then your tot can snuggle up with it.
4. Easter Craft Stampers ($8): Your kiddo can cover all the construction paper in the house with these cute Easter stampers.
5. Crayola Modeling Clay ($6): Your kids can build their own bunnies, chicks, and Easter eggs with this easy-to-use modeling clay.
6. Melissa & Doug Slice & Sort Wooden Eggs ($10): These aren’t exactly your typical Easter eggs, but they’re less breakable and totally fun for your kiddo to play with.
7. Prismatic Egg Stickers ($13 for two rolls): Your child will totally be into the glitz and glitter of these stickers. And you’ll be all for not having to sprinkle actual sparkles everywhere.
8. Pat the Bunny by Dorothy Kunhardt ($10): This classic children’s tale features a soft, fuzzy, touch-and-feel bunny that’s perfect for your toddler or young preschooler.
9. Crayola Bathtub Fingerpaint Soap ($20): Swap out the candy for something that’s so much soapy fun!
10. Senger Organic Stuffed Bunny ($65): This sweet, soft little bunny is 100-percent organic cotton. The handmade stuffie is sans plastics and contains none of those pesky petrochemicals.
11. Bunny Rabbit Non-Skid Socks ($9 for five pairs): These adorable bunny socks are fun to wear for Easter brunch — or on any other day of the year.
12. Play-Doh Kitchen Creations Spinning Treats Mixer ($17): Keep little hands busy with this fun Play-Doh set that will allow kids to make colorful treats without all the mess in the kitchen.
What are your favorite Easter basket items? Tweet us your picks @BritandCo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.