30 Non-Traditional Ways to Put a Ring On It
There’s nothing wrong with you and your boo being commitment free, but that doesn’t mean that he can’t still put a ring on it! Come on, a girl likes her accessories.
1. Rainbow Marcasite Ring ($85): This chunky banded ring boasts eye-catching iridescent crystals that turn different colors at almost every angle. It’s the perfect mix of rugged stone and polished metal.
2. Heart Diamond Charm Ring ($115): The gem cut details in this gold vermeil heart make it a cool kind of cute. We’re nuts about the two-tone metal finish.
3. Faris Wrap Ring in Silver ($65): This double wrap ring is super chic. The slick silver number would look elegant on its own or stacked with similarly dainty bands.
4. Purple Dome Ring ($36): Every girl needs a go-to cocktail ring—make this lavender dome ring the one. It’s the perfect pick me up for everyday office attire or a great addition to semi-formal swag.
5. Honeycomb Ring ($18): A honeycomb patterned ring for your honey? DUH! Let her know who’s queen bee.
6. The Something Blue Ring ($560): We’re flat out hypnotized by this sparkling gemstone ring. It’s quite a splurge, so maybe negotiate a V-Day/B-Day/X-Mas combo gift?
7. Wrap Arrow Ring ($10): Scared Cupid won’t strike this year? Seal the deal with this arrow wrap ring.
8. Winifred Grace 19MM Domed Ring ($140): This ring strikes the perfect balance between bold costume jewelry and high end adornment, making it insanely wearable for any occasion.
9. Trikona Ring Small ($145): And you thought you’d never be Royyy-allls. This pronged band is cast from a 3D print, which makes it even more covtable.
10. Axis No 1 ($395): Here’s another serious stunner cast from a 3D print. The masterful design of this fluid arch ring makes this piece modern and timeless all at once. We promise the rest of the collection is just as jaw-dropping.
11. Jade Mellor Malachite Facet Ring No.2 ($105): If size matters, go for this jumbo jade-colored ring carved from gorgeous Malachite-patterned resin. What a show stopper!
12. Moonshine Ring ($79): Love her to the moon and back? Prove it with this crescent charm ring. Don’t worry, it’s totally Brit-approved—we’re currently showcasing Salty Fox Jewelry at Brit + Co SF right now!
13. Kate Spade Scallop Ring ($38): How could you not fall madly in love with this red scalloped ring? It would make the cutest stacking band with other enamel plated rings.
14. Brass Zodiac Cuff Ring ($42): The stars totally aligned when this ring met your finger. The simple circular cuts make these constellation patterns look super modern.
15. Mae Ring Katie Diamond Jewelry ($350): These color blocked gemstones are so swoon-worthy. Would it be too much to wear both rings on the same hand? ;)
16. Sweet Nothings Ring ($32): We’re nuts about this take on a classic pearl ring, etched with a message sure to please its recipient.
17. Carnelian Gemstone Ring ($60): You know we’re suckers for a pop of color, and this gemstone ring gives us just that. For less than $100, it’s a stylish steal.
18. Fraser Hamilton Carved Gem Ring ($230): Not into glossy gemstones, but love their geo cuts? This faceted gold plated ring is for you! Plus, it still has a natural feel with its roughly carved band.
19. Monogram Midi Ring ($18): Stylish babes, listen up: now you can get your very own monogrammed midi ring! How cool is that? We love the wild cursive letters that make up this trendy piece.
20. Silver 1-Layer Center Ring ($110): The gang at Nervous System have nearly perfected the cellular-chic look—this 3D printed ring proves that much. This skeletal band is also available in gold and platinum by special order.
22. Shimmering Hexagons Ring Set ($118): You get a lot of bang for your buck with this eight-piece stacking ring set. White rhinestones dazzle from their hexagon-shaped beds whether they’re worn one at a time or all at once.
23. Misa Ring Katie Diamond Jewelry ($155): Glittering gemstones get edgy makeovers as spiked bars on these patterned metal rings. We’ll take one in every color! ;)
24. Faris Lunar Ring in Brass ($45): This no-fuss knuckle ring is simply stunning. We’re going ga-ga for that matte metal finish.
25. Drusy Drop Ring ($78): Bring on the glitz! From the freshly polished gold band to the super sparkly metallic stone, you bet even diamonds will be doing a double take.
26. Neon Spike Ring Set ($36): You guys, the colors of these enamel plated rings are so on point! Rock with a dark mani so they can really pop.
27. Maya Magal Black Druzy Ring ($225): If your M.O. is more #allblackeverything, then meet the ring of your dreams. Even without any color, this square druzy ring makes quite a statement.
28. Batya Kebudi Diamond Ring ($329): Remember, we said no diamonds allowed… but diamond cuts are totally fine! Though we have to say, it would make a way cool engagement ring, too!
29. Gold and Silver Pebble Set ($205): The elegance of these pebble stacking rings is undeniable. We love the way they look as a mixed-metal set.
30. Glenda Lopez The Pizza Ring ($63): Nothing says I love you more than a pizza ring. Nothing.
Do you have your eye on a non-engagement ring you’d love to get from your S.O.? Where do you shop for beautiful jewelry online? Tell us in the comments below.
Your relationship with your finances is one of the most important relationships you'll ever have, and you can't avoid it. That said, for many of us, the pandemic only added to our financial stress. If you find yourself feeling frazzled, just remember that financial insecurity isn't a net-worth issue — it's a mindset issue. And, we happen to have plenty of advice on how to turn your money mindset around so you can take charge of your funds once and for all.
To start, feeling secure begins with a strong foundation, and there's no better time than now to get started stacking the bricks. It's easy to get swept up in the January "new year, new me" mentality, but really? Any time is the right time to get yourself in order. You don't need to wait for a new year, a new moon, the right moment, or a sign from above. You don't even have to start on the first day of the month — you just need to start.
Introducing NerdWallet: A Safe and Reliable Money App
To help with that, we've put together a list of the just-right-for-you ways that NerdWallet can help you monitor your financial outlook. Haven't heard of them yet? NerdWallet is a personal finance company that helps consumers make smarter financial decisions. Their website and app let you compare different financial products, find articles and tools to make financial decisions with confidence, and keep tabs on your finances (hey there, credit score, I see you!) all in one place. Plus, NerdWallet has over 75,000 glowing reviews in the App Store (and a 4.8 star rating) if you want to read up on any more testimonials.
Tim Chen, NerdWallet's CEO and co-founder, started this financial journey in 2009 after his sister needed help finding a credit card. Even with an economics degree and a Wall Street background, it took awhile for Tim to find the right recommendation (so don't feel too bad when it takes you a while, too). Their mission is to bring clarity to all of life's financial decisions.
So it's safe to say that NerdWallet is a pretty good sherpa for your journey, too.
Get the most from your money
Did you know that the money you park in a savings account can lose value? Harsh, but true. If your money isn't earning interest that's on pace with inflation it will actually be worth less to you in the future. And if the bank charges fees? Forget about it. Make sure you're earning the interest you deserve and come out on top. NerdWallet has researched dozens of financial institutions to help consumers find the best options. The hard work has already been done for you, so you can just select the account that works best for you and your nest egg.
Keep an eye on everything, securely
Once everything is set up, tracking and managing your finances is what will keep the money machine running smoothly. You can create an account either through the site or the app and link your bank accounts, then keep tabs on all your finances in one place. Get a clear picture of your saving and spending, get insights into how to master your money, and even build your credit score all in one place.
Get extra credit points
Do you have the best credit card for your lifestyle? Some cards give cash back on every purchase, ones with travel perks, and ones that charge way less interest than you're paying now. NerdWallet takes the guesswork out of choosing the right credit card with simple side-by-side comparisons of different credit cards so that you feel confident choosing the right one. Whatever you want to do, NerdWallet can help you find the best credit card to get it done.
Know your options for settling down
Mortgage rates are pretty low and it looks like they're going to stay that way for awhile, so buying a home might be the move sooner than you think. But there's so much more to a mortgage than just the interest rate! To help you choose a mortgage lender, NerdWallet has in-depth reviews on multiple lenders in a mixture of categories so you get the home loan with the mortgage rate, term, and fees that's right for you.
Settle an old score
NerdWallet helps you monitor your credit score for free and helps you see how little things (like raising the limit on your credit card or paying your bills on time) can increase your score. NerdWallet partners with TransUnion® to provide your VantageScore® 3.0, based on information in your TransUnion® credit report. Your score and credit report information are updated weekly. But that's not even close to all:
- They provide you with tips from experts on how you could build or optimize your credit score
- You'll get a detailed look at your credit score and all the factors that go into it—your payment history, credit utilization, the age and type of accounts, balances, and any recent inquiries
- The credit simulator tool gives you an idea of how your credit score would change if you applied for a new credit card, closed your oldest credit card, or got a new auto loan
- You also get free, unlimited access to your credit report
When it comes to managing your money, safe and reliable is where it's at. Establishing a healthy relationship with your finances begins when you take control and practice habits that build wealth. Signing up just takes a few minutes. Set your intentions to build a solid financial foundation, it will only strengthen your relationship with your finances. And don't be afraid to get a little nerdy while you're at it.